Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > Information > DIY: Do It Yourself
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Members

Send a message via MSN to Prince Sky

One of my low beam went south and I want to change them myself. Any advice and/or pitfalls to watch for?? I am hoping it is straight forward "plug-n-play.
Prince Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Members

Send a message via Yahoo to syrousd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Sky View Post
One of my low beam went south and I want to change them myself. Any advice and/or pitfalls to watch for?? I am hoping it is straight forward "plug-n-play.
Break down might help you.
Attached Images
File Type: png Single Component -e60 Headlight - Bixenon.png (11.6 KB, 132 views)
2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold weather,M Sport, Matched GP Thunder Headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, Sat, Nav, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....more to come soon!

syrousd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Members

you have to remove the headlamp completely from the car to access the bulb. 4 torx bolts 2 on top bumper support and 2 at the bottom of the back of the headlight. don't take the bottom 2 out completely leave them loose just enough to wiggle the headlight out it will save you a ton of time getting it back in.

///M5 - RPi Scoops/Dinan C/F Intakes/Dinan pulley/Dinan S3 Performance Software/Meistershaft GT2 Race Exhaust/ M-tec V2 AE/Blue-White interior/K40 Radar/20" DPE S-20's

530i- M-tech kit/M-tec V2 AE/LED license plate bulbs/6k HID Fog conversion/Titanium Exhaust Tips/ACS Roof & Trunk Spoiler/ 18" Miro 111's staggered
skunkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Members

you do not have to take the headlight out to change any bulb. Do a search in the DIY and it has been covered.
AchtungE60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Members

you absolutely do have to take the whole headlight out to change the bulb.... maybe you should read it? same as you would have to for changing angel eye bulbs.

///M5 - RPi Scoops/Dinan C/F Intakes/Dinan pulley/Dinan S3 Performance Software/Meistershaft GT2 Race Exhaust/ M-tec V2 AE/Blue-White interior/K40 Radar/20" DPE S-20's

530i- M-tech kit/M-tec V2 AE/LED license plate bulbs/6k HID Fog conversion/Titanium Exhaust Tips/ACS Roof & Trunk Spoiler/ 18" Miro 111's staggered
Old 06-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
you absolutely do have to take the whole headlight out to change the bulb.... maybe you should read it? same as you would have to for changing angel eye bulbs.
I didn't take my headlights out to change my AE bulb. I just replaced it in place, I loosened it, but I sure didn't remove it completely. Granted, removal would make it easier, but it's not necessary. And I have HUGE hands

2008 550 LOADED!!!
Come visit me @ glazedetail.com
pjinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
I agree with this. Just getting the cover off with the headlights installed is already hard enough, let alone changing the bulb.

My mods on Youtube.
Link to my Brushed Steel Wrap album.
My LCI tails special brake effect thread and video.
My "completed" next headlight mod (illuminated fins)!
First in the world Orion v4s installed on my E60!
LCI White Eyebrows using stock board.
nomis_nehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Senior Members

I didn't take mine out either and didn't find it too difficult.

2008 535xi
:
Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT Radio,
Custom NCS coded options, PROcede with Meth Injection, CIC iDrive Controller, M5 Pull Rods, M5 Rear Sway Bar, UR Front/Rear Lower Bars/Shock Tower Bar,
Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci, HD Radio Retrofit, Shock Sensor Alarm, Sport Automatic Retrofit, Bag Hooks, Fire Extinguisher, Active Backrest Retrofit

In progress: miDrive
NoQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
Senior Members

You have different bulbs than me.. There's no possible way to get a d1s out without taking it all the way out

Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Senior Members

Yes, DS1 have the igniter on back of bulb so I'd imagine it a bit difficult to change.
AchtungE60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM