DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Help! coded new ccc, now radio won't work

Old 12-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I'm peter from sweden. i have a 535d 2005. my CCC brake down so i bought a used CCC. i have coded it with ncsexpert. i changed the VO and now the FM radio won't work. the radio did work before i code it. but everything else works find now. i have tried with a FM transmitter and my iPhone and that works so my antenna must be ok. but it can't find any FM channels. can someone take a look on my files and see what could went wrong. here is my files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
CAPPL.txt (9.7 KB, 430 views)
CAS.txt (6.9 KB, 360 views)
CAUDI.txt (340 Bytes, 436 views)
CGATE.txt (628 Bytes, 291 views)
CTUNE.txt (153 Bytes, 465 views)
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Members

Hi Peter, I had similar problem couple months ago. The new CCC was working with car that had different sound system then mine. I've done full car coding, after that in INPA have selected CCC module, and made reset and test speaker. After that everything is working...
Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

You need to add $609 to the VO then code cappl and cadio with the expert profile that will fix it.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
You need to add $609 to the VO then code cappl and cadio with the expert profile that will fix it.
thanks.. but i already have $609. regards: peter
Old 02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Then load the expert profile and then do a "process car"
This is assuming the above is all you did or needed to do.

BUT funny thing is I was getting an error trying to enable RTTI, take of weatherband and AM on mine and it will not let me code CAPPL for some odd reason bro. So I just gave up for now and then today while I'm driving I notice that everything works except the FM stations. I'm stuck on 87.7 and its fuzzy. I bet we have similar problems. I have an error and I'll post it soon.

Speakers working fine. AM bands, AUX, weatherband and CD working fine just not FM. Is this the same issue?
I did not do anything with Progman at this point. Let me know if the above works for you.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

Update to my situation:

Weird. I took all my files from Progman and put them in NCS. Getting many errors. So still get the error and I decide to use Progman because I lost my FM (so I thought) and it encoded everything and now I have some new features! The radio shows real time info. I never listen to it but now it's more enjoyable when the song flashes across the screen and the presets actually have the names of the stations.

So, I realize that it's been so long that all channels were on 87.7 which is the very first station on the FM band and I just didn't manually scroll to find another station because I was on presets and they were all 87.7. HAAHAHAHAHAHA but it worked out better for me. ACTUALLY I swear that my reception is so much clearer now too.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 AM
New Members

Default New CCC

I replaced my CCC and coded it with NCC Expert and still do not have sound. I coded the CTUNE part of it. I am lost. I have been at this for over a week reading and reading. I have a 2004 545i. Everything else is fine but no sound. any specific suggestions? Do I have to go back to Progman and program it that way? Thanks for your input.

I have been reading casue I hate to ask knowing the information is here. I just can not find it.

Maybe I need sleep and start all over again tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by panochote
I replaced my CCC and coded it with NCC Expert and still do not have sound. I coded the CTUNE part of it. I am lost. I have been at this for over a week reading and reading. I have a 2004 545i. Everything else is fine but no sound. any specific suggestions? Do I have to go back to Progman and program it that way? Thanks for your input.

I have been reading casue I hate to ask knowing the information is here. I just can not find it.

Maybe I need sleep and start all over again tomorrow.
I assume you got this resolved? If so, how?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Members

We resolved his issue by manually encoding each module as the car could not be encoded automatically. He successfully changed the FA but could not get all the necessary modules to code. If i remember correctly kept getting a CAPPL error. After this was fixed other modules experienced errors. We were able to overcome all issues eventually.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 AM
New Members

Hey guys. Sorry, I have been out. Just had a hip replacement March 19, 2013. I do want to thank EUAUTOHAUS for the patience and support resolving my new CCC and the roadblocks I had trying to get it to work. I NEVER would of figured it out. Now I have the aux as well which I need to get a cable for. I just got done replacing the alternator in the car and that was lots of FUN. I did it nevertheless with step by step instructions. Man that helped too. EUAUTOHAUS is the way to go with software and support fellas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! coded new ccc, now radio won't work