DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

E60 Coding - Traffic Alerts on CCC Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors
Default E60 Coding - Traffic Alerts on CCC Navigation

Hey all,

Don't know if this has been published before, but here's the code change to add traffic alerts to CCC navigation. It is FM-based, so it may not work well in rural areas. Works like a charm here in greater Los Angeles area. Enjoy!

In CAPPL, edit these to aktiv:

TMC
aktiv

CA_TMC
aktiv

TMC_REGIONAL_C
aktiv
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It has.

And there is another requisite. You need to have 2007.1 or newer Nav disc.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM
New Members

Just a quick question, how do the alerts show up? Do they interrupt the music or is it simply text? I live in the orange county area and am having my car programmed next week and would like to do this as well as long as its pretty passive.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Nice, can you turn it on and off?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

mine never works....must have been the guy i went to for coding *cough cough* lmao
Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i automatic, Space Grey, Black Dakota leather, Sport Package and Premium Package, Navigation, IPOD

You can go looking for alerts in the menu on the left side of the Nav screen. Or if you have a destination set in Nav, the Nav will tell you that there is a a traffic disruption and offer you calculate a detour.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

The traffic info is delivered via satellite. You MUST have the SAT module in the trunk and coded first before the traffic info shows up on screen.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It has.

And there is another requisite. You need to have 2007.1 or newer Nav disc.
I think it's more than having the newer map dvd ... I think the feature applies to late production date model year 2007 and later. e.g. my 2007 e60 was built in July 2006 and cannot be "updated" with this feature even though I'm using a 2010 Nav DVD map.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
The traffic info is delivered via satellite. You MUST have the SAT module in the trunk and coded first before the traffic info shows up on screen.

Negative on that for the older E60. Alerts come in on one of the FM bands, same as some of the portable GPS units with free "lifetime" traffic. Unfortunately this means that it is fairly limited to major market areas. Therre is an area of Southern California known as the Santa Clarita valley. It's an upscale suburb area within LA county. When driving, alerts wont be downloaded until I get in range of LA market radio stations.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td
I think it's more than having the newer map dvd ... I think the feature applies to late production date model year 2007 and later. e.g. my 2007 e60 was built in July 2006 and cannot be "updated" with this feature even though I'm using a 2010 Nav DVD map.

I'm not so sure. My retrofitted unit, bought from Nelson, is from a 2006 530i (08/2005 build). I did obtain a 2012 Nav disk. I wonder if it included the update.

Quick Reply: E60 Coding - Traffic Alerts on CCC Navigation