DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DDM HID LCI Headlight Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 12:41 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 BMW 528XI, 1954 Oldsmobile Super 88 324cui
Model Year: 2010
Default DDM HID LCI Headlight Install

I haven't found a write up on this, so I thought I'd document it. I'll keep it short and sweet with the pictures doing the talking. I successfully installed the low beams, fogs and high beams are next.

Headlight in the car:

Headlight Removed from the car, if you look directly downward you'll see these two 8mm bolts. Loosen these and the two top torque screws, pull up and away from the car. Remove the large cap covering the 'high beam' light. It's easier to remove. This is a view with it out.

Once you have the headlight out, remove the clip from behind the bulb and save it you will need to install it over these lights. To do so, you will cut the wires to the bulb from DDM Tuning, and soldering it back together. I used shrink wrap, give it a cleaner look, but this is the wires cut and soldered together with the clip installed over it.

This is the panel that covers the low beam light, you will need to drill a hole large enough to fish the light wires through it. Not the ENTIRE light, but just the plugs. Next pictures shows it:

This is the bulb fished through the cover for the back of the light.

This is a picture of the bulb installed in the housing, denote the clip that is required to do it.

Plug in the two 'male' ends from the harness into the plug within the light:

This is a good view of it all installed in the headlight assembly:

This is how it should be wired up... Bulb -> Capacitor -> Ballast

Mount these wherever you choose to, I zip tied mine around the headlight bracket under the light, it was easiest, but it's ghetto and I choose not to share. I'll do the fogs at a later date along with the high beams when I have more parts.

This is the finished product...

Feel free to ask questions, it's all plug and play after the little bit of soldering to get the H7 clip on there. Sorry for the crude drawing.