DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535d E60 *///M Pack* CarbonSwartz

Hi, in one of my previous posts i said from the top of my mind to change pins 1 and 3 around, but i was wrong, the correct ones to interchange are 4 and 6 as you already know.

If you do FA_write to CAS, and then change module to LMA and do a FA_write on it, CAS and LMA get the same VO, which is correct.

If your headlights ar behaving wrong, that is a sign that your coding is taking effect, also, if you are not getting check control errors about the rear turn signals, then the coding should be OK. First we need to make the LCI tail lights work perfectly, they should once the pins are swapped, and then we need to fix the pre-lci headlights by hand.

Swap pins 4 and 6 (do all swaps on the pre-lci side of the adapter) and try, if they still don't work right, send me the trace file and i will fix it.

I can also help configuring your headlights, send me the previous backup with headlights working + new trace file + VIN to see how are your headlights, and i will do the merging.

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-25-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,
Default trace files

hi thanks for all your help so far RoberMc mate you been great

all the back lights are working i left the wires to the lm as they only turn on the inner brake bulbs

on the front the only problem i have is the inner rings are not working

i have after xenons fitted they work fine as before

just the inner rings not lighting up i did notice they light up when i brake for some reason my headlights are the standard halogen with after market xenon

heres trc files

Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

I forgot to mention the front flashers are not working too high beam
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Members

Hi, i need LM2 trace with working headlights and pre-lci tail lights, you uploaded LM1 trace.

Also, you uploaded a wrong "NEW LM 2 TRACE .trc" the file you uploaded is a full trace file of the full vehicle (198kb), i need the trace of LM2 only (about 18kb)

thanks

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-25-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

In that link there are two trace files please check again
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

just to confirm onr trace is the lm1 with every thing original connected from car

second one of the lm2 coded to car with +mueb added to fa and all back lights working

but faults on front ones the inner angel eye rings dont light up when turned on
the light up when i press the brake pedal?

and the main beam flasher doesnt work

do you want me to remove +mueb off from the vo and reset cas and lm and then send trc?

thanks for your help buddy
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Members

I already checked

OLD LM 1 TRACE WITH WORKING FRONT LIGHTS.trc --> i don't need this, i need OLD LM2 with working pre-lci lights

NEW LM 2 TRACE .trc --> it is not an LM2 trace, but instead it is a FULL vehicle trace with every module traces mixed into that single file.

EDIT: If you screw up, and you don't have a LM2 trace with working pre-lci lights, you will have to:
- Remove +MUEB from CAS and LMA
- Recode LMA with defaults as you did fefore
- Check if headlights are working ok. don't pay attention to tail lights.
- if yes, just press Read ECU, and send me the FSW_PSW.TRC

- But before extract a proper LM2 FSW_PSW.TRC with working LCI Tail lights.

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

must of copied a wrong one by mistake il do it again sorry for the confusion

how shall i get you the lm2 trace with working pre lci lights would that we done by removing the code from VO and resetting lm2 with expert profile?

LM2 trace do you want the one with the FA code added to Vo too thanks
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Members

I need two LM2 traces:

One with +MUEB added to VO and coded with defaults (expert ptofile). In this one your LCI tail lights are working all right, but your PRE-LCI headlights are not working allright

The other without +MUEB in the VO and coded with defaults (expert profile). In this one, your PRE-LCI headlights are working allright, but probably your LCI tail lights will not work properly.

Hope this way it is easier to understand, and excuse me if my english i a little weird X'-D
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

lm2 with working front lights +MUEB REMOVED.TRC - Speedy Share - upload your files here

lm2 WITH +MUEB ADDED NON WORKING FRONT LIGHTS.TRC - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Quick Reply: Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights