DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

BYPASS E60 PASSENGER SEAT SENSOR MAT

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same problem happened to me i took my car in thinking i was gonna get it covered since im part of the recall and they told me its my safety gateway module and that ill have to pay 1800 to fix it. I know they changed my seat mat last september of 09 but anyway they charged me 150 to diagnose it.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

Felt like choking the guy
Old 12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i 6 spd ... [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/shebuilt/e60/DriverSide1.jpg[/IMG]

Has the bypass worked successfully? Amazing how 2007's are having the same issues but no recall? Bypass will be fine by me I just wondered if anyone has used it successfully yet.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by NY530i
same problem happened to me i took my car in thinking i was gonna get it covered since im part of the recall and they told me its my safety gateway module and that ill have to pay 1800 to fix it. I know they changed my seat mat last september of 09 but anyway they charged me 150 to diagnose it.
yup. they quoted me that much too. i've had the whole seat replaced when it was under warranty and i've also had the sensor replaced. but now that i'm not under warranty, they won't fix it. and it's not under recall either. and Shelly / Crevier BMW said they could fix it for me under goodwill if I had visited the dealer here and there. fuck that. BMWNA said that my cars not under recall and they can't do anything about it. not really sure if i want to deal with BMW after this e60.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...type=DrillDown

i got this off the website a user above me posted.

UNDER THE EXTENDED WARRANTY PROGRAM, THE OCCUPANT DETECTION MAT IN A VEHICLE THAT EXPERIENCES THIS SPECIFIC ISSUE WILL BE REPLACED AT NO CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

if i print this notice out and take it to these shitty stealerships do they have to honor this ?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Before you choke the guy, many idrive errors are the result of low battery voltage. I don't think they are BSing. I would think that the tech checked the error code and have a basic idea of the problem. When my airbag light went off, I initially thought it was another faulty seat sensor mat. From experience, the driver/passenger light go off a couple months before the batteries died.

Well, if the battery cable don't solve the problem...do what you got to do.

Originally Posted by sweetnlowe60
Felt like choking the guy
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i 6 spd ... [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/shebuilt/e60/DriverSide1.jpg[/IMG]

Silly question, but since this is under the DIY section - has anyone out there performed to swap and if so do you have detailed photos and instructions? Most know now if theirs is covered under warranty or not.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Members

I have the same problem everyone on this post has passenger airbag restraint fault every f*%&kn time I turn the car on so I ordered the bypass sensor because many forums say that even if you replace the mat for $500-800(depending on how bad the dealership wants to screw u) you can always break it again they are real sensitive and they crack for example: if you put a knee on it when cleaning or reaching inside car by putting your hand on the seat. anyway the sensor bypass that I received also has 2 wires and my sensor mat has 3 wires. help anyone!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by pingoe
I have the same problem everyone on this post has passenger airbag restraint fault every f*%&kn time I turn the car on so I ordered the bypass sensor because many forums say that even if you replace the mat for $500-800(depending on how bad the dealership wants to screw u) you can always break it again they are real sensitive and they crack for example: if you put a knee on it when cleaning or reaching inside car by putting your hand on the seat. anyway the sensor bypass that I received also has 2 wires and my sensor mat has 3 wires. help anyone!
Sorry dude, it sounds like you're in the US. Return that one, it's for cars in UK or non-US cars or something. There's another one I that another member linked in my thread that has the 3 wire one.

I never bothered figuring out what the extra third wire is for, so maybe it's just positive, negative, and another ground. Who knows, I couldn't be bothered. Just return the one you have and get the right one.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Sorry dude, it sounds like you're in the US. Return that one, it's for cars in UK or non-US cars or something. There's another one I that another member linked in my thread that has the 3 wire one.

I never bothered figuring out what the extra third wire is for, so maybe it's just positive, negative, and another ground. Who knows, I couldn't be bothered. Just return the one you have and get the right one.
Bypass unit $130
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...fAudioQ5fVideo

All the dealers I have spoken to say the sensor mat must be purchased along with the seat cushion, ~$500. These dealers trying to milk your money. I was able to find the seat sensor mat without the cushion ~$130

Part no. 65776982974 is for basic seats
Part no. 65779154961 is for comfort/sport/m seats

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...42&hg=65&fg=65

Quick Reply: BYPASS E60 PASSENGER SEAT SENSOR MAT