DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Battery Safety Terminal Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by aadriann
Hello
This bypass is working for the error ' 9AF4 SFZ: resistance, firing circuit, belt tensioner, driver, too high' ?
There's certainly one way to find out....
Old 06-04-2014, 12:38 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 325xi

Originally Posted by mscounder
no all airbag problem only if diagnostic SFZ Satellite Vehicle Centre module display code 9AFF Resistance, firing circuit, safety battery terminal, too high only . because the firing bullet in the battery terminal go high resistance. so for cut course just bridge a resister 2 ohms or in parallel l with the circuits a 10 ohms if the original not explode yet
Just returned from an extended stay in India and am still struggling with the airbag light which I would like to solve. Inpa error shows a too low resistance in the positive cable. Am I right in cutting and then bridging 3 and 4 with a 2 ohm resistor in the attached photo?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Battery Safety Terminal Bypass-bypass.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 PM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw e46 convertible

THANK YOU for posting these photos! I've been searching the internet for weeks.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM
New Members

My Ride: x5

Hello, nice DIY! I have a question. I have a mini cooper and it has a bad bst. Do I run this resistor to the little harness that is connected to the BST that is covered in yellow plastic at the top?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60

Hi, Great post but your pictures are not viewable.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 325xi

Originally Posted by doze27
Hi, Great post but your pictures are not viewable.
Pictures area viewable. You have to be registered and logged in.

Last edited by marlau; 08-04-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 530i

Originally Posted by BarryLeeClark
I had exactly the same problem and it failed the MOT (I'm in the UK) because the airbag light was on. I followed this guide but could only buy either 1 ohm or 2.7 ohm resistors (from Maplins) so i bought 2 x 1 ohm resistors and wired them together in series - took me 10 mins and its all sorted... I know this is an old thread but thank you , thank you, thank you!!!!

Cheers

Barry

Hi Barry,

I have a similar problem & not able to get through. I stay in Watford (in UK), Could you be able to help me with this.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:05 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 530i

Originally Posted by lsxcamaro545i
Hi, how you folks doing, Im new to this site and to the BMW world, just a week ago I bought a 2005 BMW 545i and when I got it, she was running like a champ. Then out of the blue she decided to give me an airbag light. To say the least, I was pissed and was wondering what caused it. My brother works at a Chevy stealership and he has a scan tool for BMWs, so we hooked it up and the error code was 9aff. After some searching on the internet and figuring out what it was, I found the Z3 deleting BST thread on bimmerfest.com. I used that as a guild and made my own DIY mod. I would like to share the bypass or delete of the BST if you would like to save yourself money and the hassel of the stealership. This works, no airbag light for me anymore. All that is needed is a 2 ohm resistor and a soldering iron. Just cut the two black wire and place the resistor inline of the BST. Next tuck the wires away neatly and have the computer cleared of the airbag light and it should be good to go.

Hi Mate,

I am not able to view the pictures not sure of the issue. Can you please share these pics to my id mbprash@gmail.com

Cheers
Prashanth
Old 08-27-2014, 05:13 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by lsxcamaro545i
Hi, how you folks doing, Im new to this site and to the BMW world, just a week ago I bought a 2005 BMW 545i and when I got it, she was running like a champ. Then out of the blue she decided to give me an airbag light. To say the least, I was pissed and was wondering what caused it. My brother works at a Chevy stealership and he has a scan tool for BMWs, so we hooked it up and the error code was 9aff. After some searching on the internet and figuring out what it was, I found the Z3 deleting BST thread on bimmerfest.com. I used that as a guild and made my own DIY mod. I would like to share the bypass or delete of the BST if you would like to save yourself money and the hassel of the stealership. This works, no airbag light for me anymore. All that is needed is a 2 ohm resistor and a soldering iron. Just cut the two black wire and place the resistor inline of the BST. Next tuck the wires away neatly and have the computer cleared of the airbag light and it should be good to go.
many thanks...worked a treat for me ;0))
Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i with Navigation and HUD!

the pics arent working for me. Im signed in and everything.

Quick Reply: Battery Safety Terminal Bypass