DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Activate RTTi

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, all credit to Sublime and Blood for figuring this out. I was just a tester who verified it works. For some reason (in the US at least) real time traffic info is disabled and I was always told that the only way to have it was with a BMW assist subscription. That appears to not be true as at least Sublime and myself have both activated it and it is working. In the CAPPL, change the following from nicht_aktiv to aktiv.

TMC
CA_TMC
TMC_REGIONAL_C

Then go to your main idrive menu and traffic information will show up as a new option, make sure they are both ticked in the sub menu. Then go to your nav menu and at the top where there is address book and everything else, select traffic information and your set. You will see TI displayed at the bottom of the screen. I will report back tomorrow when I actually get to do some driving.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Whoa! Awesome! Thanks for the info share!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

I'll add it to the spreadsheet tomorrow hopefully. I'd also like to clean it up and organize it a little more if I get time.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Great find
Old 09-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
First of all, all credit to Sublime and Blood for figuring this out. I was just a tester who verified it works. For some reason (in the US at least) real time traffic info is disabled and I was always told that the only way to have it was with a BMW assist subscription. That appears to not be true as at least Sublime and myself have both activated it and it is working. In the CAPPL, change the following from nicht_aktiv to aktiv.

Then go to your main idrive menu and traffic information will show up as a new option, make sure they are both ticked in the sub menu. Then go to your nav menu and at the top where there is address book and everything else, select traffic information and your set. You will see TI displayed at the bottom of the screen. I will report back tomorrow when I actually get to do some driving.
do you need any additional hardware (HD Radio?) and how old is your CCC? I'd love to do this on mine, but I don't have HD radio and my CCC is from late 2004.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

I do not have HD (yet). My car is an 05 545.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

well that's good news! going to try to code it this weekend.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

I think it's software dependent. I got it to work on my retrofitted CCC (it's a year old and bought new), but tried on a 2004 545i without luck. The settings were there but it didn't seem to get reception. I can confirm it worked on a 2008 335i with CCC as well. Sometimes NCS will error out when attempting this coding and tell you it's faulty - but it doesn't seem to affect functionality in compatible vehicles (whatever determines that).

I don't have HD radio, but I do have Sirius. However, I believe the traffic info source is FM based as the list of available sources in the menu setting all appear to be local stations.

Sorry for any misspellings - I'm writing this on a wifi airplane on my way to Canada with all sorts of crazy turbulence...
Old 09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by Sublime
I think it's software dependent. I got it to work on my retrofitted CCC (it's a year old and bought new), but tried on a 2004 545i without luck. The settings were there but it didn't seem to get reception. I can confirm it worked on a 2008 335i with CCC as well. Sometimes NCS will error out when attempting this coding and tell you it's faulty - but it doesn't seem to affect functionality in compatible vehicles (whatever determines that).

I don't have HD radio, but I do have Sirius. However, I believe the traffic info source is FM based as the list of available sources in the menu setting all appear to be local stations.

Sorry for any misspellings - I'm writing this on a wifi airplane on my way to Canada with all sorts of crazy turbulence...
Can anyone, or is anyone able to code this for me? I have no clue about coding...wish I did. I have wanted welcome lights and all the other cool ish you guys have been coding recently but have no way to do it...AND NOW THIS!! Definitely want traffic info, Phoenix sucks when it comes to letting you know before getting on an elevated freeway that there is 5 miles of parking lot traffic!! As soon as you get to the top of the ramp...OH S*IT!! but by then its too late and you are stuck for at least a mile and an hour of your time. This would be so helpful! I know some of you have said it was possible to code remotely from another state, but I dont know if this is true. I am in Phoenix, AZ, and would love to have RTTI, welcome lights and anthing else my 2007 530i can have coded. Please respond, thanks.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

The best solution is to learn to code for yourself. This isn't to say no one would help you, if I were near by I would do it for free because I enjoy coding. But really, being self reliant with coding is priceless and there is SO much information out there. Check out www.bmwcoding.com and read it all. The cable will set you back a few bucks, but beyond that any old XP laptop will run the software....which is free by the way. It may take you a few tries to get it, but there is nothing better than having control over your own vehicle.

Quick Reply: Activate RTTi