Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Proper paint maintenance in very hot climates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005
Default Proper paint maintenance in very hot climates?

I recently had a trip over to Arizona and I noticed that there were lots of vehicles with sun spots and discoloration. I maybe moving there in August so I would like some advice to prevent that from occurring.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport

There are a lot of waxes/sealants with UV protection.

I like Zaino CS because it goes on clear and dries without any removal or buffing needed afterwards. So it's super easy to apply, is 100% synthetic, and it'll give you 45 - 60 days of protection.

Plus! You can apply it to all surfaces of your car, trim, rubber, glass, and it never leaves a stain or build up. It's great on keeping those rubber seals around the windshield and glass free from cracking and drying out.

I wash/seal my car once a month with Zaino CS and it becomes smooth like glass after about 2 applications depending upon whether you have clay bar'd your surface before sealing. It's not the heat but the UV protection that you are seeking.

I also really like the BMW windshield screen as it's very high quality and form fitted to the windshield as well as being insulated. Does an excellent job on the windshield area. If you can, crack those 2 -4 windows so that the interior doesn't become a furnace.

That AZ sun is going to eat that interior alive unless you can park that car away from the West/Mid-day sun. Think "strategically" where you park your car each day. Block as much mid-day and Western sun as possible.

If you have a leather interior, I would suggest a Leatherique treatment at least once a year if the car will be sitting in the sun.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

A lot of good products out there. Find something that you like. Smells good, applies easily, comes off easily and feels nice when your finished. At the end of the day they are all just about the same when your comparing waxes with similar costs. One thing you want to avoid when waxing is a hot car. You should be able to hold your hand on the hottest part without moving it. It's best to do this in a garage.