Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Leatherique

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.
Exclamation

Today I washed my car, gave it a quick spray of Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearls, just a quick detail on the outside. But it was nice and sunny so I thought it would be a good day to pull out my Leatherique and condition the seats up. I haven't done it in about 10 months and the leather was starting to show signs of build up due to Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditoner.

So I lubed them up, let them bask the south texas sun for a few hours, then I went to hit them up with the pristine clean. While cleaning the seats, I read on the bottle "Maintenance, detailing and after Rejuvenator Oil". I don't know why, but I never thought to use this stuff as my regular leather cleaner. So after finishing up the seats, I proceeded to use it on the steering wheel. Boy oh boy did that work

The white cotton towel I was using turned black by the time I was done. I went over it about 5x with the pristine clean. Left my steering wheel with a great natural, satin leather look. I couldn't have asked for better results. I had tried using soap and water on it before, but this stuff blows that out of the water @ pun. I used it on the e-brake handle and same results, beautiful natural leather look with no shine at all.

So in conclusion, I think this is going to be my permanent regular leather cleaner for a while now. I just have not been impressed by that Meg's cleaner/conditioner; left the seats all slippery :thumbsdown:

Pics will be up later
Old 08-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you mean the steering wheel is actually leather?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm.... sounds like I need to pick this stuff up!

Where did you find it?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I just finished using the rejuvinator and the prestine clean on the weekend and had suprisingly good results. I let the rejuvinator sit for 24hrs and then went at it with the prestine clean, I ended up getting buckets and buckets of very dirty water, I was amazed at how much dirt and grime came out of the seats. I regularly clean my car and had thought my seats were pretty clean, boy was I wrong. I then finshed up by apply some 303 aerospace prtectant on it and it turned out great.