Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

BEST SOAP, POLISH & WAX

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528I 2008 Triumph Daytona 675

Nope no books here,,,
MY BABY GOTTA STAY SHINNING...
BLINGING
And it sure makes JOEBINA (The car) and me extra happy..
Old 09-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: I have an 05 545i. It's a manual with a few options. This is my first BMW but I don't know how I'll ever be able to switch to something else.

Originally Posted by stevenbeboo' post='1017089' date='Sep 25 2009, 04:34 PM
HEY whats all this talk.......
YES I wash the car every day or 2 if its sunny. Its the summer and im from brooklyn, I gotta shine.
First i wash then polish then wax....
Next day i just wash, the soap is wonderfull because it wont strip the wax but also removes dirt then detailing spray... I have no stains or spot because of the wax...
Also the soap is made with so much percent of wax and polish....
I dry it with a leaf blower. the wax is so good the water just rolls down the when i rinse the car off. The leaf blower is just to get the rest of the water off, and from the edges.

The polish i use to maintain the shine on the car so i would use it every week or 15 days... BUT iT ALSO HAS WAXXXXX!!!!!! so no stripping of wax is being done.

NOW the Small bottle i would use every 2 months about or when im about to go on long trips. so nothing would stick to my baby.

NOW JUST ORDER THE STUFF AND TRY IT OUT, STop using that mother water down stuff..........

AND WITH GOOD WAX YOU DONT NEED NO CLAY BAR. thats a one's a year stuff, after the snow.
Okay, not trying to be rude or anything but what you said is wrong. Washing the car every other day is no problem, i don't know why everyone is giving you a hard time for that, but:

1. Your car soap does NOT have polish in it. A polish is an abrasive that burnishes the paint to make it glossy, and you have to apply a polish with heat and pressure to break down the abrasives. So there is no way that you can polish a car with a car wash soap.

2. Polishing your car that often is completely unnecessary. The wax is suppose to protect the paint, thus alleviating the need to polish so often. If you are polishing that much, your going to burn through your clear coat in a couple of years. Furthermore, even if it has wax in it (making it an AIO, not a true polish) you would be removing the more durable collinite wax and replacing it with a temporary coat of wax, that would probably last no longer than 2 weeks without topping it with the collinite again.

3. You say with a good wax you don't need clay..well then why would you polish if you don't need to clay? Claying removes sediments from your paint, and it can be done once a month with very little marring to the paint. I would recommend doing it more often than once a year, at least 2 times a year. If you don't your just polishing and waxing over particles stuck in your paint, and no amount of polish will remove them.

Again, i'm not trying to be a d*ck, just don't want people getting false information. The internet already has enough of that
Old 09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528I 2008 Triumph Daytona 675

ok got it... thank u but its stilll good stuff.

AND wash wash wash wash wash

try this stuff and give me the step on how to maintain my baby with a smooth butt. every day.