Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

WHOA!!!! MAJOR F*** UP

Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

We would not be able to make this stuff up if we tried. Was it not bad enough that Pacific BMW was asking $40k over sticker for a 1M? How about that their employees abused a 1M they were asking markup for on residential city streets? Well, Pacific BMW seems intent on topping themselves now by refusing to give the owner back his $10k that he paid over sticker. The owner claims that they did not even let him test drive the car because it was a limited edition model. Yet he later saw his car on the internet that he paid markup for being taken for a joyride by some kids Pacific BMW allowed access to it.

How can Pacific BMW not let a potential buyer test drive the car yet allow their employees to go run wild with it? The buyer also claims Pacific BMW did not inform him the car he bought was abused or that it was on the news and an ongoing story. As a matter of fact, the owner wrote on a message board that the manager over at Pacific BMW was angry at the news outlet for not covering "real news" as he termed it. Absolutely insane that the manager would get angry at the media for exposing what Pacific BMW employees were doing with cars for sale and then Pacific BMW has the audacity to charge over sticker for that same car.

The owner is getting his attorney involved and rightfully so. Pacific BMW should step up and do the right thing after a string of mistakes and refund the entire markup and then some. There are many users here who have purchased cars whom we know would not let this slide especially on a high end car they take pride in ownership of. To allegedly fail to disclose that this was the car abused, ask money over sticker for that same vehicle, and deny test drives after employees took joy rides in it is simply insane and completely unprofessional. We can not recommend for any user here to do any business with Pacific BMW who clearly has failed to for one act as a BMW dealer should and secondly rectify the situation properly. We recommend users call BMWNA to complain and to also forward this article to the general manager at Pacific BMW, Steve Lindstrom.

Watch the video below and you tell us if the dealer should have disclosed this especially when daring to ask $10k over on the same car. Contact Pacific BMW here to voice your displeasure and help our fellow enthusiast get his money back. How would you feel if you just paid $10k over sticker only to see your car being taken for a joyride by employees who were later fired for that same act? He thought he was buying a pristine car and should not be paying for the mistakes of a dealer: http://www.pacificbmw.com/contact-form.htm

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Galleries/Video/BMW/Dealer%20test%20hell%20for%20new%201M%202011/67f6459182cd4a749acc7d487db8c482/Dealer-test-hell-for-new-1M
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

pj, do you have a source for this story? link?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
pj, do you have a source for this story? link?

Here it is Gene, and apparently the video has been removed from Youtube, but too late, it's gone viral thanks to 1adddicts.com

Jalopnik
Old 09-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Contributors

BTW Gene, I am guessing the $40k mark-up Pacific is trying to charge isn't helping their reputation:

$40k?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Sucks that they're the closest dealer to me and yet I'm not comfortable bringing my car to them due to seeing countless negative feedback on them. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pjinca
BTW Gene, I am guessing the $40k mark-up Pacific is trying to charge isn't helping their reputation:

$40k?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!
honestly, that mark up is the norm unfortunately...I know of only one dealership that sold a 1M at MSRP (steve thomas bmw in camarillo)

I've seen one listed at 99K...ridiculous, yet if you have the money or don't know any better it's not so ridiculous...

even then, this guys was able to get from 40K over to 10K over, so he's not that gullible
Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Contributors

honestly, that mark up is the norm unfortunately...I know of only one dealership that sold a 1M at MSRP (steve thomas bmw in camarillo)

I've seen one listed at 99K...ridiculous, yet if you have the money or don't know any better it's not so ridiculous...

even then, this guys was able to get from 40K over to 10K over, so he's not that gullible

Agreed, but even if you have the money, paying $100k for a 1 series has got to rank up there with the stupidest things you can possibly do. Right up there with putting your scrotum in a Cuisinart - just stupid.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

****their valencia orange 1M was 40K over sticker

the black one this guy bought was 10K over sticker...
Old 09-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Contributors

****their valencia orange 1M was 40K over sticker

the black one this guy bought was 10K over sticker...
Both are stupid, I'd rather get the M3 for the $10k over and/or the M5 for the $40k over. People need to remember, depreciation occurs regardless and the car depreciates from MSRP, no one gives a crap how much over the MSRP you paid. So spending even a dime over MSRP for ANY car is stupid. Might as well be pissing money away.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

well the 1M production numbers are very low, so some are banking on that as making it a collectible....we'll see

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WHOA!!!! MAJOR F*** UP