Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

"Vehicle Check" in IDRIVE

Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i - Titanium Silver Metallic - Gray Dakota Leather - Multi Contour Seats - Cold Weather and Premium Packages - Xenon - Sirius Current Basic Mods - Rear Bumper Reflectors - KUDA Leather Mount with Garmin nuvi 255W

Originally Posted by 05545i
basically all they do is look the car over...check the front end, suspension, check for leaks, etc. basically just an excuse to get work out of the customer. I do all my service myself, and i know what the car needs, so i'm just going to reset mine when it comes up (7k miles).
Thanks all for the replies!

But is it "required" to get this done in order to maintain the CPO warranty? (I'm not talking about the extended maint. warranty)
If I don't do it and have a problem before 100K...is BMW going to come back with "Oh...I see you never had the vehicle check completed"
Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i - Titanium Silver Metallic - Gray Dakota Leather - Multi Contour Seats - Cold Weather and Premium Packages - Xenon - Sirius Current Basic Mods - Rear Bumper Reflectors - KUDA Leather Mount with Garmin nuvi 255W

I just dropped my car off to the dealer to check a couple things and also scheduled this ?Vehicle Check?.

Believe it or not the SA actually talked me out of it and said it?s not really required, and in addition to the $110.00 charge for the Vehicle Check, it would be an additional $55 to reset the IDRIVE. The SA explained it as ?We need to tell the vehicle it was completed, and this is the additional $55.00 fee). $55.00 to reset the Service Interval???? I told him no thanks and I?ll just rest it myself.
I did ask what are they?re actually checking and he could not really give me a concrete answer. He said ?We put the vehicle on a lift and have a look around?checking for any signs of leaks, etc.? I asked if they check the brakes and rotor thickness, etc and that?s when he talked me out of it.

So I hope this info will help alleviate someone?s thoughts on deciding whether or not to have the Vehicle Check completed.
It couldn?t hurt?but $165 is a $165