Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tipping the SA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

I just got into an accident and my service aadvisor handled EVERYTHING with my insurance. He fought tooth and nail to get me all oem parts and even upgraded a few things as well. The original damage cost was about 8000$ , he replaced as much as possible and after he was done the total was 16500$ I ended up with a new set of m5 rims on my 530 because 1 got banged up. Also my m- tech bumper that was damaged prior was upgraded to an oem m5 bumper with all new fogs, not to mention a whole bunch of other things. He really did an outstanding job to make sure I made out well from this incident. ( I hit a curb goin 75). I'm so amazed at how well he took care of it I feel the need to show him my gratitude and send him something. Maybe some wine and cheese? something to show my appreciation. Would this be our of line? Also do you guys take care of your SAs on Christmas or other holidays like that? I never know what's right. I herd theyre not allowed to take things of monitory value.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Glad you got everything worked out. For all that, I'd tip him.

Originally Posted by joebaggg
I just got into an accident and my service aadvisor handled EVERYTHING with my insurance. He fought tooth and nail to get me all oem parts and even upgraded a few things as well. The original damage cost was about 8000$ , he replaced as much as possible and after he was done the total was 16500$ I ended up with a new set of m5 rims on my 530 because 1 got banged up. Also my m- tech bumper that was damaged prior was upgraded to an oem m5 bumper with all new fogs, not to mention a whole bunch of other things. He really did an outstanding job to make sure I made out well from this incident. ( I hit a curb goin 75). I'm so amazed at how well he took care of it I feel the need to show him my gratitude and send him something. Maybe some wine and cheese? something to show my appreciation. Would this be our of line? Also do you guys take care of your SAs on Christmas or other holidays like that? I never know what's right. I herd theyre not allowed to take things of monitory value.
You got an OEM M5 bumper with all new fogs? M5 bumper don't come with fogs.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I tip my SA on every visit. It goes a long way, especially with cars that are heavily modified. I highly recommend it to those that are not doing it.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Glad you got everything worked out. For all that, I'd tip him.

You got an OEM M5 bumper with all new fogs? M5 bumper don't come with fogs.
Lol don't know haven't seen it yet. He said he needed new fogs... Guess we will see. Maybe he meant the black molding?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Contributors

Maybe I should just slip him a benjamin lol m kind of weird on sending him some kind of basket
Old 05-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I think a nice bottle of wine would do the trick...I would scratch the cheese though

I gave my SA a bottle of wine after he really helped me out one time. I would never tip my SA with cash, that's sort of an insult the way I see it. Giving him $100 is an insult dude, you'd be better off giving him a cheaper bottle of wine. Even donuts would make a better impression. Just bring in 100 donuts for the entire dealership. Tech's love donuts. That will help you down the road a lot more than $100.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
I think a nice bottle of wine would do the trick...I would scratch the cheese though

I gave my SA a bottle of wine after he really helped me out one time. I would never tip my SA with cash, that's sort of an insult the way I see it. Giving him $100 is an insult dude, you'd be better off giving him a cheaper bottle of wine. Even donuts would make a better impression. Just bring in 100 donuts for the entire dealership. Tech's love donuts. That will help you down the road a lot more than $100.
Yeah cash is tacky. Lol what's wrong with cheese? I love cheese haha wine it is! Everyone drinks wine right?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Yeah cash is tacky. Lol what's wrong with cheese? I love cheese haha wine it is! Everyone drinks wine right?
Yea cheese and wine is good, but only when you buy the cheese and drive straight home and put it in the fridge. Giving him cheese would just cause a hassle. He would have to put it in the fridge somewhere and probably take sh*t from everyone as to why there is cheese in the fridge..if it's smelly cheese and it stanks up his office he won't be happy either lol...I would bring wine for him and then ludicrous amounts of donuts. Like a boss.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Yea cheese and wine is good, but only when you buy the cheese and drive straight home and put it in the fridge. Giving him cheese would just cause a hassle. He would have to put it in the fridge somewhere and probably take sh*t from everyone as to why there is cheese in the fridge..if it's smelly cheese and it stanks up his office he won't be happy either lol...I would bring wine for him and then ludicrous amounts of donuts. Like a boss.
Lolol good thinkin.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Looks like they gave me an m style bumper. Wtf is that? Looks good tho. Its a bit more curvey then the m5 bumper. Not sure I like the fogs in there.

Quick Reply: Tipping the SA?