Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

No More free oil????

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmosblau' post='638237' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:06 PM
No appointment is necessary for free oil- you just pull in to the service bay, and I would always be in and out.
The markup is what burns me.

The MSRP for the oil is $5.75.
I paid $11.50.

This is a big Fuck you!

If you are forced to cut corners because sales are in the toilet, don't mark the stuff up beyond list price! It should be LESS than list price! And I assure you, there is no sales slowdown in Santa Monica.

Maybe some of you have money to burn, but I don't.

Sure, it's chump change in the scheme of things, but still, it's getting less for what I paid for, which burns my balls.

This is like getting your weekly paycheck and having it be just a few dollars less than what you were expecting. Maybe some of you don't care, or even have to work for a living, so it doesn't matter.

For me, I just can't stand being taken advantage of.
Greetings:

I'm with you buddy. When Harloff BMW was open here in Encinitas, CA. They burned my ass more than once. Damaged my car twice and lied about it. I had to mention " lawsuit " before they did ANYTHING !!! Some BMW dealers seem to think they have the market covered because they're " BMW " My Chevrolet dealer treats me better than Harloff did, by the way they went out of business. good ! I'm assuming you'll won't buy a car from Santa Monica BMW.....duh!

Chromedome,
San Diego
Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmritter' post='640491' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:44 PM
Greetings:

I'm with you buddy. When Harloff BMW was open here in Encinitas, CA. They burned my ass more than once. Damaged my car twice and lied about it. I had to mention " lawsuit " before they did ANYTHING !!! Some BMW dealers seem to think they have the market covered because they're " BMW " My Chevrolet dealer treats me better than Harloff did, by the way they went out of business. good ! I'm assuming you'll won't buy a car from Santa Monica BMW.....duh!

Chromedome,
San Diego
I was travelling in New England visiting colleges with my son.

I got an oil low indicator and usedthe Nav system to find the closest dealer. Brot the car in and they promptly added a quart of oil to the car and sent me on my way. I bumped the service line and it was at no cost.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by joelk01' post='644306' date='Aug 11 2008, 04:59 PM
I was travelling in New England visiting colleges with my son.

I got an oil low indicator and usedthe Nav system to find the closest dealer. Brot the car in and they promptly added a quart of oil to the car and sent me on my way. I bumped the service line and it was at no cost.
Now that's the way all BMW dealers should treat customers!