Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

HELP! Really bad dealer repair problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I just got my Dynamic Drive controller replaced today by Bobby Rahal BMW. I was assured after my last visit that the diagnostic code indicated the controller was faulty. I asked for the part back (part of me didn't trust them) and all was well for a few hours and I figured I was rid of the error for good. The error just flashed again and I am livid.

What should I do besides complain? What rights do I have and should I involve BMW NA? I travel from out of town to this dealer because I have family in the area so this is a huge hassle.

Oh, and they mangled the panel with the temp controls (it has to come out for the service) and also put deep gouges in my shift knob from resting that assembly on it.

They have always been good in previous services but I am really spooked now.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Contact the service manager and explain the problem. Hopefully he or she will have it fixed without any additional charges. Bummer that its a distance away.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Update.

Didn't hear anything until late afternoon yesterday. Got an email from my service advisor who claimed he forwarded my email to the service manager. He wanted to know if I had been contacted and I told him I hadn't. I implored him to have someone contact me.

This morning (after the car displayed the Dynamic Drive error) I got a call from the service advisor to talk with me. He said the manger would contact me in a few minutes. That was before 9AM. It is now 4PM and no one has reached out.

This is a bad situation. I have paid them probably close to $1200 between the diagnosis and repair. They need to seriously address that I have received nothing for that money and refund every penny.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Contributors

I strongly recommend you begin to document your interactions via email - even phone calls can be documented with a follow-up written acknowledgement of what follow-up actions were committed to. That will eliminate or reduce significantly any he-said / she-said if this complaint has to move to a different level.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Damn, I hate it when businesses fail to address customer problems. Be proactive, call the service manager.