Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > Information > Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Contributors

There's a Alpina B5 with 25k kilometers on the dial at the local dealership. Never had an owner, was a dealer only car. Alpine white, and of course fully loaded. 80k US is the asking price - Is that reasonable?

This is what it looks like (isn't the same car, however). The car has been in the used showroom for over a month. If it sits around longer I may be able to whittle more off if I decide to take the plunge (and can avoid being killed by the wife). There isn't a lot of pricing information I can find for second hand Alpina's.

Click the image to open in full size.
2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, RPI Exhaust!, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob, Hella LCI Tails w/V6 cables - Mtech coming soon.
dirksqjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
Contributors

Take a look at the Alpina website. They have a pre-owned section. They have a few used B5 models which range in price from 49,000 to 68,000 Euros.
Good Luck.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 AM   #3
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='720079' date='Nov 13 2008, 07:41 PM
Take a look at the Alpina website. They have a pre-owned section. They have a few used B5 models which range in price from 49,000 to 68,000 Euros.
Good Luck.
LOL that's like the only place I didn't look .
2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, RPI Exhaust!, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob, Hella LCI Tails w/V6 cables - Mtech coming soon.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='720072' date='Nov 13 2008, 04:29 PM
There's a Alpina B5 with 25k kilometers on the dial at the local dealership. Never had an owner, was a dealer only car. Alpine white, and of course fully loaded. 80k US is the asking price - Is that reasonable?

This is what it looks like (isn't the same car, however). The car has been in the used showroom for over a month. If it sits around longer I may be able to whittle more off if I decide to take the plunge (and can avoid being killed by the wife). There isn't a lot of pricing information I can find for second hand Alpina's.

Click the image to open in full size.
What's the 1st registration date of the car? Assume it's approx. one year old?
You need to look at the list price, to detirmine if it's a good deal.
[/s]
[s]530dA Touring M-sport (2007)
530dA Sport (2004)[/s]
LW78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
Contributors

Send a message via AIM to radzM Send a message via Yahoo to radzM

that is a very nice ride! how come it doesn't have the alpina emblem? or is it just me.
Mods: Work VS-XX 20"(gloss black face/chrome lip), H&R Sport Springs, Remus Quad Exhaust, RPI scoops(red), CF Hamman front lip, CF Hamman quad diffuser, AC Schnitzer roof spoiler, Rieger trunk lip, M5 trunk finisher, matte black front grills, 6k HID fogs
radzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
Contributors

nice! i like that front lip on stock lci bumpers!

2008 LCI 535i AW on NB leather & Anthracite wood trim, A/T w/ paddle shifters, Premium & Sport package, Navi & Ipod interface.
Exterior Mods: Custom Oem M5 166 Wheels wrapped in General Exclaim Tires / H&R 15mm front & rear spacers w/ matte black extended bolts / Oem M5 front & rear bumpers / Oem M5 side skirts / Oem M5 mirrors / Oem M5 trunk lid, Spoiler, & Finisher / Oem M5 fenders w/ matte black vent grille / RD Sport roof spoiler / Matte black kidney grills / Custom staggered quad oval exhaust tips / Umnitza Orion V2 OSS Design Custom Angel Eyes / Chrome painted turn signal bulbs / LED license plate bulbs / BW hood, trunk, and wheel roundels / 35% Formula One tints / Debadged / Rear fenders rolled
Interior Mods: BW steering wheel emblem / Oem ///M pedal set
Performance Mods: GIAC S1 Reflash / H&R race springs / Helene performance filter

View My Gallery Here
jcool10181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
Contributors

Send a message via AIM to Senza007

Never even seen an Alpina 5. Thats crazy. I hate the Alpina rims and what not though. I saw an Alpina B7 brand new one a few weeks ago. SO hot.

2006 BMW 525i TSM/GREY LEATHER/ANTHRACITE TRIM/20x8.5 20x10 CUSTOM BLACK ZENETTI 5'S WITH PIRELLI P ZEROS/MATTE BLACK GRILLE/M5 iDRIVE KNOB/BW209 HID LOW BEAMS/BW209 HID FOGS/FULL INTERIOR LED/LED LICENSE PLATE/J LEVISW LED FRONT TURN SIGNALS/J LEVI LED ANGEL EYE BULBS/J LEVI LED SIDEMARKER/RED BACKUP BULBS/RED REAR TURN SIGNALS/ACS PEDALS/ACS EBRAKE/AC SHIFT KNOB/B&W ROUNDELS/EURO RED REFLECTORS/DEBADGED/LLUMAR 20% TINT/V2 EURO STICKERS/E60.NET CLINGALINGS/HARDWIRED VALENTINE 1/GHETTO SHADOWLINE/BLACK ROOF

[font="Arial"]MODS TO COME: FULL ACS KIT, SPRINT BOOSTER
PREVIOUS RIDES:
2004 LEXUS IS300 (mucho mods)
1996 BMW E36 (AC mods)
2002 NISSAN ALTIMA (no mods)
Senza007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #8
Senior Members

Send a message via AIM to southgate Send a message via Yahoo to southgate

man that thing is a Beauty

Death is Certain Life is Not
southgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
Contributors

Send a message via MSN to tbal

i think its just a 5 series with alpina wheels and lip kit...

edit, saw couple other pictures of the b5 with no alpina badge on the front either... weird
F02 750LI
E55 AMG - Modded 550hp, Gone
///M6, Blk/Blk modded, Gone
645ci Blk/Red extremly modded, Gone but not forgotten
tbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #10
Contributors

They put the Alpina badge on the back and keep the BMW on the front, at least - All the brand new ones here in the showroom are like that, and the B5 I'm lusting after.

For those not familiar with the B5...

Supercharged 4.4l V8
HP - 372.9 kw / 500 bhp @ 5500 rpm
Torque - 700 nm / 516.3 ft lbs @ 4250 rpm
0-60 - 4.7 seconds
Top Speed - 314km/h

A snipit from Supercars.net

Quote:
When looking at the horsepower curve, it's clear what one may expect from this engine-bay-filling equipment. At a modest 2,500rpm the driver has 200 horsepower with which to play. At 5,500 rpm, the maximum 500 horsepower is reached, but the fun doesn't stop there, the engine maintains 500 horsepower up to 6,000rpm. The torque curve is even more impressive. At a mere 1,000rpm, just above idle, the V8 puts out 300 Newton metres of torque. Between 4,250rpm and 5,250, there's a constant 700 Newton metres of twist on tap. The engine characteristics, as evidenced by the above numbers, are those of a far larger than those of an equal-sized naturally-aspirated engine.

The B5's powerplant distinguishes itself by instantaneous reactions to throttle inputs, care-free revving up to maximum revs, and a nearly inexhaustible supply of acceleration across the rev range. At full song, the B5 needs but 4.7 seconds to reach 100km/h (Touring: 4.9 seconds), placing it in the fine company of the world's most renowned sports cars

The B5 possesses a ZF six-speed automatic transmission with torque converter, known for its especially smooth shifts and quick response The driver may operate the transmission in Drive mode, letting the automatic do the shifting, or may manually select the gear with two buttons on the back side of the steering wheel. ALPINA developed Switch-Tronic many years ago for just this purpose.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM