Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Warning: Do not deal with umnitza

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 06:12 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone deal with Tim K. before? hes sales maanger.. Had answered phone everytime I've called them.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Members

Image, I am in the same boat as you haha. I have ordered from Umnitza before (m5 front bumper, fogs, and headlights), and never had a issue with customer service. I always get Tim when I call, pretty chill guy, and friendly.

I just hope the paint quality has improved since last summer..
Old 05-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 550i 6sp M-Tech. 18mm spacers rear, 8mm front. Dinan intake and Stage 2 tune. Tinted tails, M5 OEM lip spoiler. 08 Z4 3.0si Black on Black with Beige top. Removable hardtop. (Hers) 06 Volvo S60R Heavily Modded!! Gone and missed.

[QUOTE=kurtb23;1537996 "Oh well it's super easy to drill the holes in, just have your shop do it, shouldn't take more than 15 minutes."[/QUOTE]

Same crap these tools told me two years ago when they sent me the small PDC holes instead of the big ones. Why cant they just send you what you ordered.

Time to get them off this board as a vendor.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:46 AM
New Members

My Ride: 09' BMW 528i xDrive

I'd agree with the above sentiment. How can they be a preferred vendor when they're preference is to screw you over?

For anyone who recently ordered from Umnitza I would call your credit card company and file a claim immediately. Better to do it early.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Posts like these make all of us here at Umnitza frustrated. 1) Because we try so hard to get everyone taken care of as quickly as possible and 2) Because some facts are often left out that completely change the information and 3) Because the titles are always so inflammatory that it's almost like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in replying.

But, a testament of our strength and endurance is the sheer volume of people that continue to purchase these parts, continue to have great success with the quality, and continue to recommend us to their friends. And, we do not hide from any critique and continue to improve as we can when we can.

In 2013, mid year, we switched from a poor quality painter to a better quality painter. Federal Auto Body, in Concord, CA - owned by Mark. You are welcome to call or email them any time your bumpers are being painted. 925 521 0577

We've been shipping a lot of bumpers pre-painted. The reason we do is our paint price is $195. If our shop is making mistakes, they offer to have the bumper shipped back, repainted, and shipped back to you. We offer this as a paint service through our body shop. If they make a mistake, they will repaint it. That's not "bad" customer service.

We ship with every bit of information available to the customer. You have to respect that we're offering you a $660 paint job for 4 pieces (Front, Sides, Rear) that ordinarily at any regular body shop + install would cost upwards of $1000, however, if there is a problem, my shop will own up to it.

we use a shop with a professional paint booth and a professional painter:

We also offer to send you photos of the finished bumpers. Also, not bad customer service.
We take the time to package these bumpers properly to be free of damage, again, not bad customer service.

Now, I'd like to answer every comment below directly, and if you have any further questions, I would respectfully request that you email us directly or call.

You stated in this thread:
Originally Posted by rkhettry23
I had a hell of a time with them too a few years back. They got my order messed up with another customer who had tried to get it to fit on his car (which was pre-lci) and then they tried to get them to ship me that bumper. I refused and said I wanted a brand new one and it took me weeks to get it settled. It's amazing how many products they ship with such horrid CS. The actual product though is great even years later. GL
But you stated exactly the opposite previously.
I just got my M5tech front bumper and sides installed over at Mobile-Addictions. James and his crew really do great work. Here are a bunch of photos I just quickly snapped. Nothing too artsy or post processing, just point and shoot and upload. Hope you all can see how the Umnitza kit fits. I have PDC, motorized front plate, jammer heads, and nightvision all tucked up in the front. Everything works perfectly with no major modifications necessary. They also tinted my taillights slightly. Nothing too crazy. I also have a few pics of JBSPEED's M5 trunk spoiler (and license plate) and an ebay CF roof spoiler.
Continued....
I did not need to buy anything else besides what came with the front bumper/sides.....I did buy their foglight kit for like 35 bucks (HID)....but that is it.....my installer only had one tiny problem which he was able to fix...and that was the headlight washer's didn't fit 100%, but apparently they just filed it slightly and now works perfectly....fitment is perfect for the front bumper. The sides are about 1-2mm short but you really can't tell....
I recall your situation after reading this update.
As I recall, John from Impressive created a monster issue with you, then we found a solution and you were obviously happy with the final results. If something isn't true, email me and we'll be able to go over it.

Originally Posted by Margal
That's horrible. I was actually going to order pre pained rear bumper from umnitza but after reading your problem I rather pay more and paint it properly. Thanks for letting us know.
We respect your opinion, however, the number of complaints we receive overall is troubling but it's actually a small drop in the bucket of the number of shipments we make every day.
these are 2 shipments being delivered by our guys this week.

Originally Posted by kurtb23
I've had a hell of a time...
I removed most of what you wrote because I would like to respectfully disagree with some of it. I have quite a few emails and call logs and rather than play the he said and he said on an order that was nearly 1 year ago,

I will only say this:
I find it quite odd that you didn't contact us after this email:

Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:20 AM
To: info@umnitza.com
Subject: Re: Wanted to follow up

Things with the installation were quite difficult and resulted in extra work and installation fees due to receiving an incorrect product. The installation also required the removal of some key parts on the vehicle most notably the Rotor covers.

I will follow up with an invoice from the shop regarding the specifics.
Then you never followed up, until just recently in late April you filed a chargeback claim with your credit card company. Something didn't add up, if you genuinely had an issue, you could/should contact us. Our painter is quite reasonable and will repaint if necessary, though 8-10 months later, it's not clear if we would but next time ask us.

Originally Posted by image969
I have to say. this is the second post I've seen this week about how bad Umnitza is. I just ordered mtech bumper lip and skirts last week from them.. theyre supposedly painted and on their way right now.. I am quite nervous now living 3000 miles away from their shop. I could have sworn I read good things about them on this forum qhich lead to me choosing them.. I shall def add to the complaints here if my bumper ssuck as well. Guy seemed super nice on phone.. Def had me fooled if hes shady or clueless.
Tim is super nice and we all work "super" hard to get your orders out and on time.
Sometimes items are out of stock, as is the case with the other person who has actually been emailing us regularly and has received replies regularly as well with status updates.

Originally Posted by Blackwolffm
Image, I am in the same boat as you haha. I have ordered from Umnitza before (m5 front bumper, fogs, and headlights), and never had a issue with customer service. I always get Tim when I call, pretty chill guy, and friendly.

I just hope the paint quality has improved since last summer..
Thank you for standing up and saying something nice.
Originally Posted by kurtb23
I'd agree with the above sentiment. How can they be a preferred vendor when they're preference is to screw you over?
For anyone who recently ordered from Umnitza I would call your credit card company and file a claim immediately. Better to do it early.
This is advice that basically tells people to attempt to commit fraud. Almost 35 bumpers shipped this last 4 weeks that were painted.

EDIT: adding this information, this order was created on 6/6/13:
E60 (5-series) M5 or Mtech Package (Front/Rear/Sides)
- Optional: Fog Lights (+$124.99)
- Required: Mtech Rear Bumper (Single Output Rear) NO PDC
- Bumper Type: M5 Tech with PDC Fog Capable (+$-50.00)
- Other: No Thank You
- Xenon Fogs: No Thank You
Item in BOLD highlight and was emailed to the customer for review.
Paint was completed 6/10/13 and shipped roughly 6/11-6/13

Last edited by umnitza; 05-08-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:22 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
EDIT: adding this information, this order was created on 6/6/13:

Item in BOLD highlight and was emailed to the customer for review.
Paint was completed 6/10/13 and shipped roughly 6/11-6/13
You took my order over the phone and I called in to correct it twice upon receiving the information which showed NO PDC, I was told it would be changed.

It was obviously never changed.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by umnitza

I will only say this:
I find it quite odd that you didn't contact us after this email:

Then you never followed up, until just recently in late April you filed a chargeback claim with your credit card company. Something didn't add up, if you genuinely had an issue, you could/should contact us. Our painter is quite reasonable and will repaint if necessary, though 8-10 months later, it's not clear if we would but next time ask us.
I called multiple times to try and speak with someone, often I was put on hold and then hung up on.

As for filing the charge back so late, how would I be aware that the paint would just flake off when the car was being detailed? Why would I want the same paint job that will cost me $2500+ to have repainted correctly? That isn't even including the labor it will cost to remove your paint...

As I said before I knew the paint was poor but I would never have expected it to peel off in chunks like it was painted onto glass.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon
Default Umnitza

Bottom line here is everyone has a choice. Some situations just add up to be a disaster and result in financial and emotional burden, however if you are on this board as a Vendor you have certain obligations to the board members and rightfully so the board members are allowed to voice their displease.

These problems keep on repeating themselves with this vendor and I am sure whomever buys the products from a vendor would like the product to be delivered as advertised. In this particular case there has been multiple issues reported with this vendor which brings up one question "what level of Quality Control & CS goes into pre inspection when the item is shipped?" If you ask yourself that you will come up with a correct choice and option. As far as customer service again if you make the right choice you don't have to deal with CS for this particular vendor in the first place.

Frankly I prefer to spend a little extra money and get my parts locally and handle everything locally that way if there is an issue I can just drive to the vendor rather than spending hours on the phone worrying about time zones,personnel,moods,etc. Again, it comes down to a choice.

As I mentioned in the beginning the choice is yours and you get what you pay for.

THE END

Last edited by syrousd; 05-09-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Can't say I'm surprised. Good luck sorting it all out.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:35 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 535i

I drilled my own pdc holes on my bumper, got it painted locally, and happy every time I look back at my car.

Not one issue with umnitza.

To umnitza: I sell accessories and parts for BMW motorcycles. Different market, but with this many complaints, it's time to look into making changes. You can't make everyone happy but you gotta try.

Quick Reply: Warning: Do not deal with umnitza