Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Warning BMW OF NEWPORT Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037745' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:13 PM
Ya he sealed the deal, he's shipping it back without refund
All's well that ends well ...

I hope you're open to feedback ... because you're sure to get it from forum members about the manner in which you approached and handled your purchase return (irregardless that the purchase was made with a highly regarded forum member and BMW Store).
Old 10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

sounds like someone thinks that garry should accept returns like walmart.
first off, if you are not sure of what you're ordering, get it locally so the parts guy can show you pictures or diagrams, plus make it easier to return something if its not right.
plus, if the part doesnt have the part number sticker on it, how are they suppose to resell it or return the part to bmw? they might not ever sell that part again if its a rare part, and will be stuck with it.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535I X-Drive - Space Grey / Black Dakota / M-Sport / Sport Auto Transmission with Paddles / Premium I / Premium II / Cold Weather Gone: 2010 535I - Alpine White / Black / Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages / Anthracite liner / Sport Auto with Paddle Shifters / Navigation / Satellite, HD & I-pod Gone: 2006 530XI - Monaco Blue / Creme Leather

I am like everyone else who has ordered from Garry - completely satisfied and thrilled with his responsive prompt service!
No hassle, great prices - I've placed four five orders in the past two years and don't even shop my local dealer!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

My oh my. You guys are quicker to adopt the pack mentality than a bunch of Striped Hyenas. I bought a part from Gary and was pleased. The OP bought a part and was not pleased. That 100 customers are pleased does not mean it is impossible for one customer to be unpleased.

Why accuse him of being a banned member; a spammer; a phoney, without proof? One of our Moderators clearly stated that most of such accusations are not correct.

I thought we adopted a value for letting the Moderators moderate the Board and discourage the bullies from acting as policemen... Your unwarranted criticisms of the OP will certainly have a chilling affect on a number of potential posters.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:13 PM
My oh my. You guys are quicker to adopt the pack mentality than a bunch of Striped Hyenas. I bought a part from Gary and was pleased. The OP bought a part and was not pleased. That 100 customers are pleased does not mean it is impossible for one customer to be unpleased.

Why accuse him of being a banned member; a spammer; a phoney, without proof? One of our Moderators clearly stated that most of such accusations are not correct.

I thought we adopted a value for letting the Moderators moderate the Board and discourage the bullies from acting as policemen... Your unwarranted criticisms of the OP will certainly have a chilling affect on a number of potential posters.
I agree that some members are a bit quick to judge. However, the OP is partial to blame.

First, he started out "DON'T BUY FROM GARRY ROMANI OR BMW OF NEWPORT!"; that's a bit too much. I think "Bad experience with Gary/BMW of Newport" is more sufficient.

Second, he didn't disclose enough info in his original post. I read a couple times and still didn't get it. When more details emerged, sounds like he has a reason to be upset.

Last but not least, we've only heard one side of the story so far.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Dude calm down, the dealerships have protocall to avoid people from buying a part, swapping it out w a knockoff and trying to return it....once again... it aint wallmart, and btw all. I can +1mil dealing w Gary, he helped me search and search for a headlight conversion kit from BMW EU. Alot of work on his part

thx Gary

Ian
Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813' date='Oct 21 2009, 07:13 PM

agreed...that's why I asked the OP to clarify his experience a bit more. It does sound like an unfortunate mishap and the OP is getting the "short end of the stick." I do hope this is an isolated incident.....
Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I don't know what really transpired but we are only hearing one side of the story. I have done a number of purchases with Gari and has always been prompt, accomodating, and very fair with pricing. My opinion on the matters are base on my personal experience doing business with Gary Romani
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by zen68' post='1037822' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:32 PM
I agree that some members are a bit quick to judge. However, the OP is partial to blame.

First, he started out "DON'T BUY FROM GARRY ROMANI OR BMW OF NEWPORT!"; that's a bit too much. I think "Bad experience with Gary/BMW of Newport" is more sufficient.

Second, he didn't disclose enough info in his original post. I read a couple times and still didn't get it. When more details emerged, sounds like he has a reason to be upset.

Last but not least, we've only heard one side of the story so far.
My intent I guess was just to warn everyone rather than seeking help
I wrote it right after I got off the phone with him while I was still really
mad. Plus he ended the conversation rudely saying " were not getting
anywhere here... Bye" and hung up
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='1037619' date='Oct 21 2009, 02:16 PM
I bought a trunk finisher from him a while back and everything went smoothly. Sorry about your problem, but most members here have had a great experience with him. Again, sorry about your situation. Thanks for the heads-up!
+1 I've dealt with them and very smooth transactions, and really good prices... Perhaps just mis-communication

Quick Reply: Warning BMW OF NEWPORT Warning