Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Umnitza and Me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: No mods

umnitza are good ppl. i heard good stuff about them, especially their angel eyes for the e46. somehow the e60s angel eyes when changed are not that bright compared to the e46.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by arcleid' post='380368' date='Jan 18 2007, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but what's SOL?
SOL = sh*t out of luck
Old 01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='380281' date='Jan 18 2007, 11:04 PM
We contacted PIAA on the first chance AFTER the Jan 1st Holiday.
They said they had it in stock and to send them the label and they would ship it.

We PAID them to ship it to you. Why do you not have it? Don't know. That's why 2 times we've called them only to hear it has shipped by them.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread....ghlight=umnitza

With respect, this is your problem.

The guy ordered from YOU, YOU contacted him and told him it was shipped. The responsibility is YOURS.

If you deal with a 3rd party supplier and allow them to ship it it remains your responsibility, you take that responsibility and deal with your suppliers how you feel fit.

Don't try to pass the buck.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by KAF' post='380459' date='Jan 19 2007, 10:35 AM

The guy ordered from YOU, YOU contacted him and told him it was shipped. The responsibility is YOURS.

If you deal with a 3rd party supplier and allow them to ship it it remains your responsibility, you take that responsibility and deal with your suppliers how you feel fit.

The same principle is used here in Europe - the company you buy from is always responsible for the transaction.
If there is a more than reasonable delay from a 3rd supplier, you are informed and have the option to cancel the order.

From what I read from other forums, umnitza seems to have a good name, but business is business and a customer's comfort zone and rights has to be respected.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by nasa60' post='380332' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:16 PM
The part about this that would cause me to not order from them is that you placed an order for a product and they called you (or you had to call them) to try to get you to order a more expensive item. The same thing happened to me during the holidays when I tried to order a camera on the internet from an electronics business in New York. I ordered online and submitted my credit card number. I assumed the product would be shipped within 48 hours as their web site indicated. 5 days later I get an email informing me they had recieved my order but needed me to call them to confirm. I have never had to do this before.

So I call and they proceed to try to get me to order more accessories, giving me the hard sell. Finally, they tell me the camera isn't in stock and it would have to be back ordered. Or I could order a more expensive camera that they did have in stock. I told them to cancel my order.

I then did some research on them and found alot of forums where other folks encountered the same type thing. There were numerous complaints registered with the BBB. The really scary thing was folks whose credit cards were charged weeks later for large amounts by this company. I called and cancelled my credit card number to be safe.

I'm not saying Umnitza is doing the same thing. I just don't like doing business with companies that operate this way. If you order something on-line, you shouldn't have to talk to someone on the phone and get a hard sell on another product. If I wanted the other product, I would have ordered it. The fact that you are ordering online, generally implies you have done some research and know what you want.
Was it butterflyphoto.com? They did the same thing to me and it delayed my order by over one week.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by KAF' post='380459' date='Jan 19 2007, 04:35 AM

I So Agree. When I order from Dell and they are back ordered on, say, the Intel microprocessor, Dell wouldn't ask me to get in touch with Intel to sort it out.

Having said that, these guys need to settle their dispute privately and not burn public bandwidth. Just IMHO.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Performance Pkg, 6 speed manual transmission On-Order: 2007 BMW 530i, Titanium Gray, Black Leather, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, 6 speed manual transmission, Nav, HUD, PDC, L7, Sirius, Rear Heated Seats

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='380485' date='Jan 19 2007, 07:05 AM
Was it butterflyphoto.com? They did the same thing to me and it delayed my order by over one week.
No, it was Century 21 Electronics. I did a search and found alot of complaints about them. Apparently, they go by several different business names also. As much business as I do on the internet, this was the first time I have ever had a problem. I will do more investigation before I order from a company that I don't have history with again.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
gpt
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='380281' date='Jan 18 2007, 06:04 PM
Sir, your version of the story is shall we say, one sided.
No one was "working you". You were quite clear on the phone you weren't interested in our better product, so we cut it short and offered to get the PIAA for you.

I've not been in business for over 5 years by doing what you think I do or what you claim I do. Don't be a jerk about it. Especially the way you call in with such an attitude as if we're somehow to blame for this delay by PIAA!

For the record:

Everything you said factually, without the commentary and contrarian account to the facts, goes as said.
On the day after your CHRISTMAS DAY order, we contacted you via email.
We did not hear from you about what you wanted until after a few days passed.
At that point, we were without the PIAA units.

We contacted PIAA on the first chance AFTER the Jan 1st Holiday.
They said they had it in stock and to send them the label and they would ship it.

We PAID them to ship it to you. Why do you not have it? Don't know. That's why 2 times we've called them only to hear it has shipped by them.

Today we called them again for you. That's what we do. If that is not good customer service, then I don't think we can afford to have you as a customer.

There is no apology here to give you for our actions as they have been nothing but EXACTLY as I personally told you on the phone.
The price has NO reflection on the level of service we ALWAYS provide. We always care about the quality of our business to the customers. ALWAYS.

Here's something I wrote up in response to these inflammatory and often unnecessary threads on another forum after I got fed up enough with the rancor a little delay in shipping can cause:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread....ghlight=umnitza

Eh, turned me right off. I realize there are 3 stories; 1st side 2nd side and the truth which usually lies somewhere in the middle. However. not a company I would be thrilled to deal with. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='380320
What you are referring to is called "upselling." Very common practice. I've experienced it on a few occassion. Sometimes buying the more expensive product is actually a better buy, sometimes not. Yes, it can get unpleasant if you are adamant about what you want and not their other more expensive product.
Not what we were doing here. We realize that our product was 3X brighter for $30 more. The customer had NOT done their research despite the online purchase as the customer had notified me that they weren't even aware of another product being sold for this application until I brought it up and promptly dropped it when the customer said they were not interested. I don't need to do hard sell, my products are good and sell themselves. I frankly don't even know why I reply to internet forums anymore...but I do because I care that the customers get my immediate feedback and can "converse" with me.

Originally Posted by KAF' post='380459
The same principle is used here in Europe - the company you buy from is always responsible for the transaction.
If there is a more than reasonable delay from a 3rd supplier, you are informed and have the option to cancel the order.

From what I read from other forums, umnitza seems to have a good name, but business is business and a customer's comfort zone and rights has to be respected.
Thank you. we are and will always offer the option of the cancellation. If the customer is polite and kind, SOMETIMES we'll even substitute for the higher priced item for free at a LOSS to us. But it goes both ways. If you act impolite, there isn't a vendor in the world that will do nice things for you in return.

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='380500' date='Jan 19 2007, 09:06 AM
I So Agree. When I order from Dell and they are back ordered on, say, the Intel microprocessor, Dell wouldn't ask me to get in touch with Intel to sort it out.

Having said that, these guys need to settle their dispute privately and not burn public bandwidth. Just IMHO.
Wow, yet another misinterpretation. No one asked the customer to call PIAA. No way. See steps 1-7 above of what we did and do on behalf of the customer.

============
Let's summarize.
1) We have done everything we can to help the customer and await PIAA's shipment.
2) The customer needs to step the rhetoric down and contact us via email or phone and continue to work it out.
3) We all need to back away from the keyboard and look at other more important things in life.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Sport pack.M tech kit. 167 wheels

umnitza...and their neverending bullshit dramas...please take it somewhere else.. we dont need this here..

Quick Reply: Umnitza and Me!