Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Terrible experience with umnitza s far, stick it out or go with modbar

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question. I ordered a mtech rear bumper for my 2008 535i from umnitza on june 28th over the phone. I received and invoice, and after speaking with the gentleman I ordered with, he said I could realistically expect it maybe July 3rd, but July 6 at the latest due to the holiday. Well it it didn?t come by the sixth, and after two attempts on two separate days to talk with someone, I went on vacation for 5 days, and just thought to myself there is no way it will not be there by then and ill just pick it up and take it to paint when I get back. Well long story short, I return from my vacation, and after spending another two days trying to get a hold of someone, I finally got someone and was told my package had been returned because ?the shipping label had been smeared?. The person I was speaking to went on to say upon inspecting the bumper it had a large crack in it, and they couldn?t send me that one. He said they are out of stock, but would try to find me one and if he did would send it three day express. The fact that I had to call about this to have them tell me is irritating enough, but after him calling and them finding another bumper to send me and saying it would be express shipped, I was feeling a little better. Not for long though, because I was told it went out last Friday, but I have yet to receive any shipping conformation, tracking number, or phone call from grey hound.

My question for the forum is how big of a difference is there between the umnitza mtech rear bumper and the modbargains one? Because after dealing with all this, the last thing I want to have to deal with is crappy fitament or craftsmanship. If you guys think the modbargains is a superior product, I think I might just pay the extra 140 for theirs and cancel the order with umnitza since I have such a bad taste in my mouth right now.

Im really not trying to rant or blow things out of proportion, I just feel very slighted and am tired of driving around with my damaged stock bumper when the one I paid for should have been painted and installed two weeks ago by now.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

Search the forums, this is a common theme from these guys. I've had decent experience with them, but alot have not. I don't get it, if they'd just step us their customer service they'd be golden, but unfortunately these issues keep surfacing.

Joe and Nerweezy (Trinity Autosport) sell just about everything you'll need for your E60 (including your m tech kit)so go that route. They're very customer service oriented.
Good luck
Old 07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

i would think the bumpers come from basically the same place, so quality would be the same between the vendors. i had a great experience with umnitza. ordered my kit on a Thursday afternoon and got a call Friday night from greyhound that it was in. Picked it up on Saturday!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Members

i have heard that trinity, mod bargains, and umnitza all sell the same rep bumper, is this truly the case? if it is, im willing to deal with bad customer service to save some money, what im not willing to do though is to have bad customer service in addition to an inferior product just to save money.

i see umnitza posting in this forums all the time, is there anyone that can shed some light on this issue, ive tried calling today already, bout to try again.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PlanB
Search the forums, this is a common theme from these guys. I've had decent experience with them, but alot have not. I don't get it, if they'd just step us their customer service they'd be golden, but unfortunately these issues keep surfacing.

Joe and Nerweezy (Trinity Autosport) sell just about everything you'll need for your E60 (including your m tech kit)so go that route. They're very customer service oriented.
Good luck

i was very aware of this before i ordered with them, as i have done a lot of research on this and other forums, i just didnt think there was any way it would be THIS bad. I said it in my original post, im very level headed and im truly not gonna be one of those people that never say a good thing about a company just because i had one bad experience, i would just like some effort from their end to rectify the situation instead of having to call 2+ times a day any time i want to talk to them for a month.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I ordered all of mine through them and I thought too the shipping was very slow from what they told me. In my case I wasn't in a big hurry to install it so the slow shipping wasn't a big deal. There was a mix up with the fogs but they made it right and all worked out ok. All the bumpers are pretty much coming from one source in China production company. They are using inferior material compared to oem there are some waves and slight defects that you won't have on oem but for the cost it's not bad. That's how they can sell it cheaper. Some colors may show these items more so than others. If I had to do it again, I would.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

you have not got a tracking number for grey hound for the same reason i did not.
i just ordered mine and 3 of 7 bumpers made it to their destination. the other 4 were lost in transit.

after a 2 week period they figured out they were just going to have them shipped back when they are found and ship out new bumpers via pilot freight to the people whos bumper had been lost..

i went through this as well. HOwever i will vouch for them. their efforts and customer service imo is great.
they went out of their way for me to pay an extra fee of 80$ to ship a second bumper to me.they may not have given you any info for the fact there is nothing they know at the moment.

they did not have to do this for me, but i appreciate their effort to say the least..

greyhound hours suck, they are closed on the weekends and open untill 5 on the week days. (wish my job was like that..)

i am currently waiting on mine and should expect it end of this week or mid next week.
hope this helps. your not the only one in limbo with this.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

HL, sorry for your issues, if I understand correctly, we did a door to door to delivery for you to make up for it? could you update this post to let us know?.
As was mentioned in another thread, we have shipped a LOT of bumpers in the last few months. Actually more than you guys think.

If there is a problem with Greyhound it literally happens once out of 200 bumpers, and yes, each time it happens someone comes to the forums to talk about it. It's inevitable, you need to vent. But in 100% honesty, it takes less time to call us and resolve it (though that can be frustrating too) and we'll do our best and handle it for you.

EDIT: HL - Hunter L... - got it Sorry took a little while, yes, I spoke to you yesterday.
I believe your bumper is out via pilot freight (screw GPX on this) and thanks for being reasonable and patient on the phone.
Attached Thumbnails Terrible experience with umnitza s far, stick it out or go with modbar-shipments.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by mo858
i would think the bumpers come from basically the same place, so quality would be the same between the vendors. i had a great experience with umnitza. ordered my kit on a Thursday afternoon and got a call Friday night from greyhound that it was in. Picked it up on Saturday!
Old 07-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Members

update: hats off to umnitza! My bumper experienced a journey comparable to bills, and they took care of me accordingly. Shipped to my house instead of greyhound, and were very thorough in making sure my experience ended up being a positive one. I will not hesitate to do business with them again, just from how they took care of me once they realized there was an issue

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with umnitza s far, stick it out or go with modbar