Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

To everyone on the forum....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I would like to chime in not to make judgement but hopefully to help everyone (particularly ACS5er)understand the median in the globalized marketplace.

Most everyone knows the US ethical business practices that many members have expressed again and again on this forum. In short, honesty, integrity, and a high value for ethical practices in business transactions are the only way to built lasting relationships, and that's the way it should be.

Unfortunately, there are may parts of the world where deceptive practices in consumer to consumer or small local vendor (as in flea markets common places) are prevalent because the end goal is not to built relationships, but to make some money. For others around the world, there is nothing wrong with trying to make a quite buck off a white or bluntant lie because money is about the only source of survive and hope. Namely, sellers are aggressive and out to take monies from unexpected consumers (buyers). Conversely, most westerners can say, "I don't have to slave or be enthical for money (though it does happen when the sum are large). Additionally, my government can help me out in case I get in some financial troubles."

While seller deceptions are not acceptable by buyers, it's the risk that buyers take when buying merchandise at such places. Buying merchandise over the Internet is similar to buying it at the flea market. Worse, you have to rely more on the "honesty" of the seller.

Generally, western consumers are very trusting of sellers because we take for granted the established laws that protect the buyer. Additionally, we are accustom to dealing with established companies. Hence, too often, we hear of tourists getting ripped off when they travel to China, Mexico, Italian flea markets, eastern blocks, and other Asian destinations. There's still a lot of rip offs on ebay.com right now! You'll also notice that buying from countries (mostl those with low GDP) involve a lot of negotiation, or haggling. The vendor tells you the merchandise $100, but you can probably haggle down to $20 or 30 dollars. He still makes a good profit, and you are more likely to get a fair deal.

ACS5er displays some of the characteristics of flea market vendors. He's not a business man, which doesn't exempt him from ethnical business practices. He's working from a flea market mindset that is quite different from online communities. Flea market transactions don't build relationship, online communities do.

So if ACS5er wants to build relationships, he can right the wrongs (hopefully all of them). Otherwise, he will do what he wishes. As for the deceived buyers, I feel your loss. It not only a lesson learned for you, but because of your diligent postings, you've taught many more people not to fall for the same mistakes.

If you should feel that your monetary loss requires that the offender be punished, keep in mind the effects of your action. Sometimes forgiveness, which doesn't necessary associate with any religious beliefs, is a human thing to do. Because once the wound is healed, most of us will look back and say, "Damn, I was hurting real bad at the time, but now looking back, it could have been worst." Conversely, punishment has its place too. The Question is,"What's its worth to you?"
Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Members

While I agree with Bimmer32 in principal, I would ask only one simple question. A litmus test of sorts.

What reward is there for those of us that strive to do good things on a daily basis?

It would seem to me that our society is deep rooted in a culture of forgivness, as we all believe that at some point each of us will screw up. But for many "good" people, the rewards are few. Increased longevity doesn't count. For those of us who do try to be upstanding citizens, it is a bit insulting to suggest that "Dennis" should merely be forgiven for his transgressions because he is theoretically a young grad school student. How is the young grad school student that is working a part-time job at the KFC to help pay the bills, rewarded for his industry? Exactly. He isn't.

What's it worth to me? Nada. But for the two gentleman that are out a few hundred bucks, and the countless others that didn't have a fighting chance, surely there must be some recourse. Perhaps the old adage "It's easier to beg for forgivness, than ask for permission" has a chance to be bench tested here. Like I said, I agree with you in principal, but I strongly believe that "Dennis" will continue to sell other stolen parts (speculation), once he leaves the E60 forum and reinvents himself elsewhere in cyberspace. Assuming, of course, that his E60 parts scam goes unpunished.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

To all, I have enjoyed to see how this forum can make things right. I was once scammed by ACS5ER before and am relishing that justice is coming quickly to such a dirtbag.

Next ACS5ER, your clarity on the subject is as muddy as the Mississippi. A few points below..

Who knows that I actually got another E60 after I moved to US, so here goes i found myself back at the forum and I had to get a new account. And of course I didnt want to have any affliation with my previous account.
wanna
This still does not explain the same IP address for the three accounts. You would still have different IP adresses. (Are you really that technically ignorant?)

At last we would come to the recent Eurolight and Grill deals.
When I found that they were bad I took actions right away as I remember from previous bad experience. I didnt want this to get nasty so I want to settle with the buyers. Next thing I know he has posted on the forum saying I sent him BAD lights. and all this heat has come back to me. I never intended to SCAM anyone!!!

So was the poor packaging to hope to blame the shipper on the damage? Another scam in itself?

I was an E60 enthusiasts just like everyone and I am sure everyone has seen how I built up my E60s. I was really here to enjoy the car and the fellow enthusiasts and It was also a good source for me to sell the old stuff. But I didnt know It would cause me so much trouble and frustration.

Ummm.. still have not seen any pictures to this date of your pride and joy. Figure if you were so proud you would have a few pics.

The bottom line is, I have a regular life and working hard in completing my grad school. Although I hav done some wrong, I have finally learned my lesson and I hope the few that really understands the situation can come out to clarify the things. And I really dont want to affect other car enthusiasts I know or shops/teams I was affliated with. And To be honest I dont sell anything off the car anymore. Actually i wont even buy any parts anymore just so I dont hav to deal with it again!

Were these parts ever part of your car? I thought you bought the previous items from eBay?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

As there are many questions to answer. I will try to clarify a few.
I have built up both a Silvergrey and Alpinewhite E60. The pics shall be found on forum with the screen names.

I am not trying to deny or explain myself for all the things I have done. I am simply asking everyone to give me a chance to justify it. I have long realized that I have done something wrong and I am trying to my best to make up for it.

And as for the poor grammar and simplified words/phrases, its just common computer language that I am used to use.... If that bothers anyone I am real sorry. I do go to grad school and although that might not mean much to any of you, it means a lot to me.

And again I urge everyone to look into all the claims that has been brought up against me. I have already issued the refund to 5er_sport and Khooger and will also try to work with bigfoot on his. I guess its the last thing I can do. Please just give me a little more time.

The paypal refund is not instant for some reason. I will snap a few shots of the transaction and will contact paypal tomorrow hopefully to have it resolved ASAP. I am really trying my best! Please!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ACS5ER' post='471268' date='Sep 19 2007, 02:00 AM
And as for the poor grammar and simplified words/phrases, its just common computer language that I am used to use.... If that bothers anyone I am real sorry.
Never heard anyone describe poor grammar and simplified (?) words/phrases as common computer language. There?s written English (different than spoken English) and there?s, well, illiteracy.

Everyone here uses computers but no one else claims "the computer made me do it".
Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned

here is a snapshot of the refund transaction to Khooger.
the refund says pending because it has to withdraw from my bank account as I dont have any fund in my paypal. I think its set default to do that when i hit refund.

As for the refund for 5er_sport. I sent a email to request paypal to refund him fully. I was not able to do it on my paypal. 5er_sport can you verify this with everyone??
Attached Thumbnails To everyone on the forum....-dsc01293.jpg  
Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned

and this is the email I sent to paypal resolution center regarding 5er_sport's refund

case ID: PP-334-126-016

from Dennis H <alpine550@gmail.com> hide details 9:52 am (13 hours ago)
to resolutioncenter@paypal.com
date Sep 18, 2007 9:52 AM
subject PP-334-126-016
mailed-by gmail.com

Hello,

I am requesting to issue a full refund to the buyer regarding this dispute.
And I'd require the buyer to send back the originial item as promised.
Please keep me and the buyer posted with the process. Thanks

Dennis Huang
Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Members

hey ACS5ER

so are you still selling anything im interested in your headlights and rims...let me know..

thanks buddy

ps what condition are they in
Old 09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='471289' date='Sep 18 2007, 11:34 PM
hey ACS5ER

so are you still selling anything im interested in your headlights and rims...let me know..

thanks buddy

ps what condition are they in

I am sorry I really dont want to deal with any of this buy/sell at the moment.

I dont know what condition the headlights are in till I get them back.
The wheels are ok but I guess I will have to take a much closer look at them.

but Listen to everyone, dont buy from me. I am a bad seller.... haaa
I guess thats not funny.....
Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

"And To be honest I dont sell anything off the car anymore. Actually i wont even buy any parts anymore just so I don't have to deal with it again."

Why am I picturing his 'supposed' E60 up on blocks, stripped to the bone with only the axle left?

Hey, Hamlet...."The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Quick Reply: To everyone on the forum....