Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!

Old 09-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i, SilverGray with 30% tint all around

Hey guys,
I recently purchased a set of rims from member SilverRush which turned out to be bent to the point where according to my mechanic are not to safe drive on (3 of the 4 are really bent up, 1 being extremely bad like a square). Now according to his thread "all wheels are mint with no scratches, ding whatsoever."
( link to thread is here --> http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=25531&hl=)

Now, here is where you fellow members come in. SilverRush and I have failed to reach an agreement on how this matter should be settled. He is claiming that I bent the rims while driving my car to the mechanic. In one of the pictures that he posted, it might be just me but one of the rims looks rather square on one of the sides. The dealer says that the cost to repair the rims is about $800. How do you guys feel as though this can be settled fairly in the eyes of me the buyer and him the seller?

Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!-bent_rims.jpg
Old 09-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Unless you dragged the rims behind you on the way to have them mounted...I can't possibly fathom how you would bend a rim that badly..
Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

There's always a chance of you bending 1 rim BUT 3 out of 4 rims on the way to the mechanic???...not likely. :\ gl with your dispute.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Banned

Fellow E60ers..... That pic is taken at angle and thus creating the look of the bent.... look Closer!!
I will find the original pic and post it to do its justice...

I have been in constant communication with bigfoot and he doesnt seem to wanna work with me on the situation. I never accused him of damaging the wheels when he was driving in it. I simply stated that it is a possibility. I sold him the wheels for only a mere 2100 including shipping and he is asking me to repay him 800 for the repairing... which means i only get around 1000 out of the set. is that even reasonable??
this is a set of 20" brand name wheels with 70-80% new tires.....

I did offer to refund him the money and he just have to send me back the wheels at his expense. which i think is fairly reasonable.... and thats pretty much all sellers would do on ebay or wherever. but he still didnt want to agree to that, asking me to split the shipping with him. I m not gonna admit that i m at fault here and i wont pay out for somthing I didnt commit. I am already losing a big chunk selling him at that price... all i m asking is for him to be more reasonable but seems to me that he is trying to take advantage of me on this matter.

I have been on the EUROPROJEKTZ team for a long while and u guys can ask around for our reputation. EP guys are straightforward and honest.... which is why we were one of the Elites in the Euro Car Scene.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

I never cease to be amazed how quickly, in situations such as this, some of us can jump to conclusions having only heard one side of any given story. Hopefully both members can work this out reasonably and fairly.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by swajames' post='330770' date='Sep 4 2006, 09:46 PM
I never cease to be amazed how quickly, in situations such as this, some of us can jump to conclusions having only heard one side of any given story. Hopefully both members can work this out reasonably and fairly.
Hmm..tend to agree.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SilverRush' post='330764' date='Sep 4 2006, 12:31 PM
Fellow E60ers..... That pic is taken at angle and thus creating the look of the bent.... look Closer!!
I will find the original pic and post it to do its justice...

I have been in constant communication with bigfoot and he doesnt seem to wanna work with me on the situation. I never accused him of damaging the wheels when he was driving in it. I simply stated that it is a possibility. I sold him the wheels for only a mere 2100 including shipping and he is asking me to repay him 800 for the repairing... which means i only get around 1000 out of the set. is that even reasonable??
this is a set of 20" brand name wheels with 70-80% new tires.....

I did offer to refund him the money and he just have to send me back the wheels at his expense. which i think is fairly reasonable.... but he still didnt want to agree to that, asking me to split the shipping with him. I m not gonna admit that i m at fault here and i wont pay out for somthing I didnt do. all i m asking is for him to be more reasonable but seems to me that he is trying to take advantage of me on this matter.

I have been on the EUROPROJEKTZ team for a long while and u guys can ask around for our reputation. EP guys are straightforward and honest.... which is why we were one of the Elites in the Euro Car Scene.
I don't want to get ripped on here, but you would actually be getting $1300 if you repaid him $800, in my book that's a little bit more than $1000. However, that doesn't really matter. Here is my idea. What if you both paid $400 to have them fixed? Then you come out with $1700, he pays $2500, no one has to pay for shipping again, and everyone just calls it a miscommunication. Just an idea.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='330783' date='Sep 4 2006, 03:26 PM
I don't want to get ripped on here, but you would actually be getting $1300 if you repaid him $800, in my book that's a little bit more than $1000. However, that doesn't really matter. Here is my idea. What if you both paid $400 to have them fixed? Then you come out with $1700, he pays $2500, no one has to pay for shipping again, and everyone just calls it a miscommunication. Just an idea.

The reason for $1000 is because the price originally was 2100 shipped... and the shipping along is 300 bux.... and the buyer wanted 800 for the repair. which is why I stated I am only getting $1000 for the set....

but thx for the headup anyway
Old 09-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

i understand where both of you are coming from, so dont be offended by my comments. My advice is for Bigfoot to just pay for the shipping and get his money back because you will never be happy with repaired rims. Just cut your losses now and pay for the shipping and just get your money back. I go through these situations on ebay often. Did you pay with paypal, if so, youo should be able to get your money back, but your would still have to return the rims and pay for shipping. Trust me, you dont want to get paypal or any authorities involved ever because it will take way to long and end up very bad for one of the parties. I see where both of you are making good points, but still try to work this out so you can make other deals work thorugh!!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SilverRush' post='330791' date='Sep 4 2006, 01:53 PM
The reason for $1000 is because the price originally was 2100 shipped... and the shipping along is 300 bux.... and the buyer wanted 800 for the repair. which is why I stated I am only getting $1000 for the set....

but thx for the headup anyway
Ahh, I see where you're coming from. So if you both paid $400 then you're at $1400 and he's again at $2500. Does that work for you? Cause in my mind, paying $300 for shipping again seems like a waste for everyone since the rims still need to be fixed and rather than anyone getting any money or rims everyone just spent $600 total on shipping. Which is good for me cause I work for UPS, but bad for you guys cause you're both getting screwed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!