Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Successful Bluetooth Pairing!

Old 10-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).
Default Successful Bluetooth Pairing!

Hello everyone!

Just a status update here.

Recently upgraded to my new iPhone 6 (from iPhone 5S).

Was very concerned the new phone not interfacing with my ride.

But the worries were all for not.

Was able to successfully pair the new 6 with my ride's Bluetooth seamlessly and without issues!

Also able to load my iPhone's telephone directory into iDrive.

Oh YES!!

Finally, for the ultimate test of course, was also able to make successfully make calls, take calls and talk hands-free, ALL via my steering wheel controls and crystal clear also!

Very SWEET indeed.

GO APPLE and BMW!

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy their rides!

I certainly am!

Best Regards
Old 10-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

What year is your car? The later E60s don't to seem to have as many Bluetooth issues.

Yeah, Apple and the car manufacturers are pretty much in bed with one another when it comes to phone connectivity. Android is a more open system, so it's more difficult to achieve compatibility.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

hey there!

my ride is a 2005, with 12,800 original miles on the clock. yes, I'm very fortunate indeed that I never experienced any connectivity issues whatsoever. this said, it's always interesting to see how things shake out whenever I do move on to a new cell phone.

BEST REGARDS NOW!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

I am seriously considering clicking and discovering Imageshack.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:26 PM
Members

[QUOTE=GOLD PANDA;1548696]Hello everyone!

Forgot to mention one other very important thing here!

Also able to playback all my great music stored on my new iPhone 6, using my retrofitted BMW iPod Adapter unit.

However, instead of music playback from my old iPod unit, again, it's now from my new 64gb iPhone - and via my new BBE SonicMax Pro music app.

This apps sounds totally AWESOME and just so much richer and better than the Apple default iTunes app ever did!

Anyway, was able to do so by picking up the Apple 30 pin-to-lightning adapter.

Great to be able to totally interface with my ride and the NEW iPhone 6 in both communication AND music!

BEST REGARDS