Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Radio cutting off , climate control hanging : intermittnetly. TCU requ

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:36 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good day , im new here, sorry if i posted incorrectly.

Please someone let me know.
i purchased a second hand BMW 523i 2006 model.
Took the car in for a vehicle check at BMW in pretoria, south africa. i was initially quoted to have my radio replaced.
But then i requested that the dealership recheck and make sure as i restated that it wasnt only the radio that was hanging, even if i go onto the climate control section , the systems hangs and then works , this happenes all the time.

The technitial came back to me and apologised for having the incorrect diagnosis. and said that the blue tooth control unit was faulty.
Did a few searches on the web and found that there was some Recalls on vehicles fitted with TCU units.
Was just wondering , does anyone have any info about this.
if my car is out of motor plan , will BMW still cover the cost of replacing the TCU unit, Telematics control unit.

Thank you
Imtiaz Mohamed
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
New Members

I just disconnected the Elecronics charging unit that is located on the left side in the boot.
once disconnected., the radio and climate control and central computer all works perfectly.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by imtiazm
I just disconnected the Elecronics charging unit that is located on the left side in the boot.
once disconnected., the radio and climate control and central computer all works perfectly.
I also had similar problem. The unit at left hand side is TCU ( for bluetooth radio and voice commands)
Old 10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Members

Hello, I just have my vehicle 350i 07 in service to updated software for iPod retrofit. When vehicle return, the voice recognition no longer work, bluetooth, bmw assist, ipod, cd, radio and other options on idrive sometime work but most of the time freezing up until vehicle went to sleep mode and reboot/restart. I brought the vehicle back, and they said the TCU failed due to new software update. They charge me $600+ to replace the TCU. Of course they not responsible what they did. and yes my vehicle is out of warranty but still un CPO warranty so which mean all cost on me.

Long story short, I would love to try disconnect the TCU charging to see any luck like your. Can you tell me where is the TCU locate in vehicle?

Thanks
P.S. This vehicle never have any problem since day 1 I brought it.