Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Upgraded from 2003 built TCU to 2007TCU & after flashing to new VIN No more BT ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 05:07 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Default Upgraded from 2003 built TCU to 2007TCU & after flashing to new VIN No more BT ??

OK, have a Winkfp question used it for first time yesterday to flash my vin to my 2007 TCU I just replaced my original 2003 version with that came with the car to get full BT Phone capability.
after installing the new (to me) TCU a few days ago it was providing me with BT phone functionality, did get a recurring fault code about airbag #A375 (Error IBUS Connection fail)

Assumed that was maybe because of the VIN mismatch now the vin from my car is showing up in INPA (took over an hour to flash last night).
however cannot activate BT anymore in iDrive the function shows as before (not greyed or anything) just won't accept my check mark to activate.....

since the VIN WRITE got also the following faults:
A391 (error TCU Main antenna)
A379 (error BT interface)

cleared those errors and the the only one that keeps recurring is the A375

So when Winkfp rewrites the VIN what else happens ??
any ideas why why this happened or what I can do to correct?

Thanks

UPDATE:
So since no one seems to have any ides on what ....kept on plugging away at it and decided to do some coding to the TCU, which my logical thinking considered to be a long shot since it worked before withe coding it had and to my surprise, it's back to where it should be, steering wheel buttons work, phonebook is in iDrive and am able to select BT and make calls......

Just don't think will ever understand some of the BMW logic.......LOL
will attach the TCU trace file(just rename the pdf to trc) for those in need, I know there are several out there but some we can't tell which continent there from
Attached Thumbnails Upgraded from 2003 built TCU to 2007TCU & after flashing to new VIN No more BT ??-img_6253.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WORKING TCU CODED FSW_PSW.pdf (15.1 KB, 283 views)

Last edited by cmyachtie; 12-09-2016 at 07:47 AM. Reason: FIXED!!!!