Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Will Not Activate on Idrive Setting

Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I own a 2008 535xi and I recently deactivated my Bluetooth within my idrive settings due to my phone jamming up. When I go back into the idrive settings under bluetooth, it shows that it is deactivated and the box next to it is unchecked. When I press the mouse down to activate it, it doesn't turn on. Anyone have this problem before?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by FrankyNJ535xi
Hi. I own a 2008 535xi and I recently deactivated my Bluetooth within my idrive settings due to my phone jamming up. When I go back into the idrive settings under bluetooth, it shows that it is deactivated and the box next to it is unchecked. When I press the mouse down to activate it, it doesn't turn on. Anyone have this problem before?

Strange though it may seem, I had the same thing, and it was the fuse!

No reason for it to go...and never did it again...

Worth checking as its only 2mins time.

David
Old 09-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BestGear
Strange though it may seem, I had the same thing, and it was the fuse!

No reason for it to go...and never did it again...

Worth checking as its only 2mins time.

David
Hi,

What is the fuse for the bluetooth that you changed? I am having the EXACT same problem on my 2004 530i. I looked at the fuse map in the tool kit area, and could not find anything for the bluetooth.

Thank you so much!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Members

There is no fuse for the bluetooth that I know of. Your ulf module has most likley died. Just happened to me and I have the same problem. My audio also cuts in and out. Good luck!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Members

I am having this exact same problem on my 04 545i. I bought this car last August and it has the dension gateway 500 installed for ipod integration. Could this be why my bluetooth won't activate? I have never been able to get the bluetooth to activate since I owned it.

Took it to the stealer the other day. Some dude came and looked at it and gave me no advice. Said it probably is because I have the dension...but they would be willing to look at it for $100.

I love to hear more about this fuse?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cookceramics
There is no fuse for the bluetooth that I know of. Your ulf module has most likley died. Just happened to me and I have the same problem. My audio also cuts in and out. Good luck!
So what did you end up doing? Mine has the same exact problem. the bluetooth and audio.... please let me know asap.
i woudl apprecieate an email from you at sohaib (dot) bari (at) gmail (dot)com
thank you so much
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by FrankyNJ535xi
hi... what did you end up doing? did that problem get fixed??
please lemme know asap. would appreceiate and email at sohaib(dot)bari(at)gmail(dot)com
thank you!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

This is bizarre - I have just wired in a dension (although dont have it working yet) and all of a sudden the bluetooth is coming up with a paragraph message saying to activate it in the car.... yet my phone pairs up to it but doesnt utilise? also the radio keeps cutting in and out too....
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Members

by the way... my audio cuts in and out too. for like the first 5 mins of starting the car. then its fine.....
and blutooth still doesnt work!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

I've just taken a reading of my settings screen - says 'Bluetooth communication active. Please switch on bluetooth in the vehicle, to pair a new phone or to connect a phone previously paired to the vehicle'

Yet it won't let me tick the box :/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth Will Not Activate on Idrive Setting