Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth audio streaming

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: /// 2006 | 530I | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport / Prem / Navi / IPod | LCI EURO SPEC Tail's | LED Licence plate bulbs | LED side turn indicators | Roof Spoiler MORE TO COME!!!!
Default Bluetooth audio streaming

So, I have a 2006 e60 with BT. Now I know you can connect your phone to do voice calls via BT. Here is the weird part, so I decided to use google maps on my iPhone and in the mean time it was connected to the BT in the car. I was heading turn by turn directions in my car via BT.

So how can google maps stream audio but then I can't stream music to it, ie podcast, music in my iPhone, YouTube, etc...

Anyone experience this too?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: /// 2006 | 530I | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport / Prem / Navi / IPod | LCI EURO SPEC Tail's | LED Licence plate bulbs | LED side turn indicators | Roof Spoiler MORE TO COME!!!!

Anyone?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:56 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535i xdrive LCI

Hey bud... this is what you want. I plug this into my USB port and the short little cable into the 3.5 jack. My phone picks up the bmw BT and then this little dongle automatically when the car starts. The trick is this plug powers on at the same time and only supports the audio profile and nothing else. So pretty much for 8 bucks you have true streaming... yes you use you phone to control audio etc but the pairing is seem less. Works great, good sound quality too.

USB Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter 3 5mm Stereo Audio Cable iPhone MP3 Speaker | eBay
Old 02-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Members

My Ride: ' 05 545i 6 on the Floor

Good looks guy ima order that aswell
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

I would like to use it but I can't . My year did not come with USB plug or 3.5mm jack.. I do however have the iPod interface. I did buy a 30pin Bluetooth adapter to use with it however I drive didn't recognize it so in SOL!

I don't get though how googles turn by turn directions get sent via Bluetooth but music can't, it seems like it possible but just being blocked somehow.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i xdrive LCI

Originally Posted by problemchild1one
Good looks guy ima order that aswell
Yeah... I saw your in NY. That seller is NJ based.... you'll get it overnight prob. But it works really really well. There are other more expensive ones that have batteries, and microphones which then you have to deselect the handsfree pairing for the device so your phone still connects to the bimmer. They also don't power on automatically when the car turns on or when the usb port is powered on.

you want a dongle with only the audio profile nothing else and no power button... I made the mistake of getting something more complicated at best buy for 30 bucks... didn't connect on ignition because there was a power button and so it didn't feel "seamless" ....
Old 02-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i 2010 X5
Default Bt

Originally Posted by bimmerspeed
So, I have a 2006 e60 with BT. Now I know you can connect your phone to do voice calls via BT. Here is the weird part, so I decided to use google maps on my iPhone and in the mean time it was connected to the BT in the car. I was heading turn by turn directions in my car via BT.

So how can google maps stream audio but then I can't stream music to it, ie podcast, music in my iPhone, YouTube, etc...

Yes! I just noticed my phone was connect to BT (like it was making a call) and sound was coming through the car when i was using Google Search. I wish I can stream music like this.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Members

My Ride: ' 05 545i 6 on the Floor

works great not as well as wired but for bt greattt i would recommend
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Originally Posted by bimmerspeed

Google Maps uses the standard bluetooth profile for audio, similar to a phone call.

Music is streamed over the A2DP protocol (which is for music), which the OEM bluetooth cannot use.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:45 PM
New Members

My Ride: 06' Range Rover Sport

I have an aux port but no usb. Can I retrofit a usb into my 07 530? Prod date 10/06. Or are there any other options available for BT streaming? Pardon my questions as I am new.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio streaming