Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

To do this Mod:
1. Make sure you have the AUX input. If you don't, watch this YouTube tutorial video (courtesy of Roskinc). You can make an Aux cable or purchase it from Roskinc. He is selling them on Ebay or you can just PM him.
2. After you have the AUX input installed on your car, follow the instruction on the page 1 of this thread.
3. Say thank you to the man whom wrote up this thread, and enjoy the wireless music from your bluetooth device.

The above wire pins table have no use in doing this mod.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:53 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

BIG THANKS to the OP & Roskinc I installed both the AUX input an the SURE BT Board.
Biggest challenge was to get those 3 little pins in the X13813 block and to separate the duct tape from the cable I had to "fish" thru the centre console.
I tried first from the rear to the dash but eventually found that was a nogo and managed to get it from the front to the back without tearing the console apart. I used a coax cable (like cable TV uses), to push the aux cable thru, worked pretty good actually.
I got the cable of eBay from HK BUT WISH I had discovered Roskinc before ordering it. His is worth double the price as my cable was not designed to redo the pins as they were bound together very tight at the end.
Sound is as good as my CD's so am pleased!
Best mod I have done!, Easy and all for less than the $tealer parts dept. wanted for just selling me an Aux cable.
Also I just used the std length aux cable designed to go into glove compartment with a 3.5 mm std male 6 ft (3 feet would have sufficed), extension that I directly plugged into the socket on the SURE PCB. Could have cut and spliced instead but t.his was easier for me.
One recommendation I'd make is to put a sock or glove over the shifter as my head unit did a job on the top finish.

UPDATE:
Had two choices in my final selection of BT DEVICES to go with.
After using this now am glad went with this as it works great, also best and cheapest way to get BT. Phone functionality in older E60 without having to spend hundreds on a later version TCU...
Attached Thumbnails Better Bluetooth Streaming-start-here.jpg   Better Bluetooth Streaming-push-wire.jpg   Better Bluetooth Streaming-fishing-success.jpg   Better Bluetooth Streaming-seal-plug.jpg   Better Bluetooth Streaming-image.jpg  

Last edited by cmyachtie; 12-02-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:58 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by quanger
To do this Mod:
cut ...cut

The above wire pins table have no use in doing this mod.
I beg to differ some of us may have different configurations than you, I for instance have one of the early models built date in 2003 with M-ASK and half BT functionality from the TCU, even though it has a microphone installed and wired, it does not attach to the M-ASK with the plug shown in the subject diagram. And until I cam across it I was still in doubt as what my pin assignment was to be for the AUX.
Also from the extensive reading I have done on the BT subject there is a lot of confusion on the pin assignment of X81323 due to aux cable coming with various different pin assignments in the block connector.

Just my experience on this.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
I beg to differ some of us may have different configurations than you, I for instance have one of the early models built date in 2003 with M-ASK and half BT functionality from the TCU, even though it has a microphone installed and wired, it does not attach to the M-ASK with the plug shown in the subject diagram. And until I cam across it I was still in doubt as what my pin assignment was to be for the AUX.
Also from the extensive reading I have done on the BT subject there is a lot of confusion on the pin assignment of X81323 due to aux cable coming with various different pin assignments in the block connector.

Just my experience on this.
cool, learn something new. Sorry bro, I have CCC, and I thought the E60 pre LCI have similar configuration. Really good to know.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:22 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi wagon

Originally Posted by insyder
I was using a USB stick style bluetooth that plugged into my rear console aux line. This was "sufficient" until my 6 year old snapped it in half while sitting in the middle seat.

Not to be dissuaded, I looked for a more "integrated" solution. Enter the Pure Electronics Bluetooth receiver. Full 2.1 + EDR bluetooth with the APTx codec means high quality audio. 12volt input makes for easy hookup with no messing around with power adaptors or any other nonsense.

So using Roskinc's great disassembly videos I yanked out my rear center console panel which already had the two cigarette lighter jacks and the aux jack factory installed.

After pulling this, I got busy with the soldering iron.

First step was wiring 12v to one of the cigarette lighters. This is easy as you can solder directly from the bluetooth receiver PCB to a couple of points on the cigaretter lighter housing with only a few inches of wire in between.

Then I had to crack open the AUX module and using a meter to determine what was left channel, right channel and ground, soldered in some scrap RCA cables and drilled a hole out the back of the module so the RCAs could jack directly into my shiny new Bluetooth receiver. Finished up by mounting the PCB to the top of the AUX module with a little double sided tape and...

Next step is to take that new assembly and wire it up to the car.

Then snap the cover back in. Yes that's the same pic as the before picture. Point being that externally, there's nothing to see here. Super clean, super stock.

Turn on the car, pair it up with your phone...

Then you're in business!

The verdict: At $20 this bluetooth module is a STEAL. Sound quality is excellent! And the convenience of not needing a stupid cable into AUX is amazing!

I picked up my Bluetooth receiver by Pure Electronics on eBay from a seller named Curious Provisions but you can pick up the same module from Parts Express when they get them back in stock.
Hey bro , this ideas is amazing . Interested in seeing how much would you charge to mark this fir my 2008 535xi wagon . Have the Bluetooth for my phone , but not audio . This would epwork great with eliminating the aux cord . Let me know if this possible . Thanks !
Old 01-31-2015, 06:10 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 e60 550i and 1997 e39 528i
Default Thank You!

Thank you insyder! If it wasn't for you and your idea and you taking the time to make this thread, I would constantly be reaching down between the seat and center console to fish out my aux cord.

I DONT NEED IT ANYMORE!!!!

This is what makes these forums like this so awesome. Thank you again.

For those of you that keep asking if someone would make one of these for you, give it a go yourself. Every bit of information you need is in this thread. Plus it will do you some good to work on your own car. It let's you get to know your vehicle better and gives you confidence to tackle the next DIY.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by E60wagon
Hey bro , this ideas is amazing . Interested in seeing how much would you charge to mark this fir my 2008 535xi wagon . Have the Bluetooth for my phone , but not audio . This would epwork great with eliminating the aux cord . Let me know if this possible . Thanks !
u sure you dont have the AUX already in your center console LOL

i know its hard to find but come on.

Name:  1DtdgYJ.png
Views: 269
Size:  2.29 MB
Old 03-09-2015, 03:03 PM
New Members

Default Aux mp3

This seems to work well to.

E60 Aux - E60/E61 2004-2010 - BMW 5 Series Owners Board
Old 03-16-2015, 07:54 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528I

How do you solder the rca cable to the aux?
Old 03-24-2015, 11:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Big thanks to Quanger for installing the Sure BT board into my car today. Awesome job dude, and under 1 hour.

Met up with Quanger today and finally got the Sure BT board installed. The sound quality is amazing and for the price this is a must have mod for any enthusiast that's looking for a wireless solution.

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming