Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 03:26 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d M Sport 2008

Originally Posted by BostonJon
You need to tap into the wiring for one of the cigarette lighters. 12v goes to the spot marked VCC on the board and your ground wire goes to GND. It also looks like you have a barrel connector on the board. You could use that to supply power as well but you'd still have to tap into the existing 12v and ground wires.

If you don't want to tap into the wires and you aren't using both cigarette lighters, you could disconnect the wires from one of them, clip/strip the ends, and solder those on.

The only limitation with this location is that the cigarette lighters are not powered unless the engine is running - they do not work when just the ignition is on. This is a slight annoyance because you can't be sitting in the car listening with the car off - the engine has to be idling for this to work. You'd have to tap into 12v wiring that is hot with just the ingnition on to get past this limitation.
Thank you for your reply.. that's what I was looking for..
Appreciate your help sir
I'll have a go tomorrow..and let you know how it was..
Old 09-19-2016, 11:57 AM
New Members

Default Put the key in ignition and press start button..read below please

Originally Posted by BostonJon
You need to tap into the wiring for one of the cigarette lighters. 12v goes to the spot marked VCC on the board and your ground wire goes to GND. It also looks like you have a barrel connector on the board. You could use that to supply power as well but you'd still have to tap into the existing 12v and ground wires.

If you don't want to tap into the wires and you aren't using both cigarette lighters, you could disconnect the wires from one of them, clip/strip the ends, and solder those on.

The only limitation with this location is that the cigarette lighters are not powered unless the engine is running - they do not work when just the ignition is on. This is a slight annoyance because you can't be sitting in the car listening with the car off - the engine has to be idling for this to work. You'd have to tap into 12v wiring that is hot with just the ingnition on to get past this limitation.
Hi again I didn't try to do anything on my BT after u told me "
The only limitation with this location is that the cigarette lighters are not powered unless the engine is running - they do not work when just the ignition is on. This is a slight annoyance because you can't be sitting in the car listening with the car off - the engine has to be idling for this to work".
I did some research and some tests and i found the cigarette lighter work even if the engine does not running.
How??
Put key in the ignition switch and press the start button..DO NOT PRESS THE BRAKE BECAUSE IT WILL START THE ENGINE.
Just put the key in the ignition place and press start..
It looks like ..when u follow my steps the car react like you put the contract on ..sorry if I don't speak property but English is not my native language.
Try and see..I'll will do mine soon..
All the best guys.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:10 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530xiT (E61)
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by gabon3zu
Hi again I didn't try to do anything on my BT after u told me "
The only limitation with this location is that the cigarette lighters are not powered unless the engine is running - they do not work when just the ignition is on. This is a slight annoyance because you can't be sitting in the car listening with the car off - the engine has to be idling for this to work".
I did some research and some tests and i found the cigarette lighter work even if the engine does not running.
How??
Put key in the ignition switch and press the start button..DO NOT PRESS THE BRAKE BECAUSE IT WILL START THE ENGINE.
Just put the key in the ignition place and press start..
It looks like ..when u follow my steps the car react like you put the contract on ..sorry if I don't speak property but English is not my native language.
Try and see..I'll will do mine soon..
All the best guys.
maybe you are right. I will have to check again.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:35 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Be careful with this as you can easily drain your battery and be unable to have enough juice left to start you engine, as car draws about 75 amp when you do this.
Ok for short time but be aware......
Old 09-22-2016, 06:44 AM
New Members

Default BT don`t work..what do i miss??

hi guys..i tried to do my Sure BT connection few days ago and i did it but doesn`t work..
all i did was : soldered the Sure BT board to the left 12v cigarette and Sure board come`s alive (the green light show up) .
i turned on my BT on my oneplus 3 which was connected in a sec to my bmw iDrive then i scan for a new BT and i found the Sure BT ..i connected my oneplus 3 all worked ok but when i play any song ..it doesn`t do anything..i can`t hear the music.
what do i miss??
i want to mention i`ve tried the aux on the Sure BT and same thing..it doesn`t work..
to me looks like i have to connect some lead or what?
i want to mention my bmw have only aux port (between chairs) pro navi with 6x cd changer and mp working
so no usb/aux connection for iphone
thanks guys..
Old 10-17-2016, 04:55 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by gabon3zu
hi guys..i tried to do my Sure BT connection few days ago and i did it but doesn`t work..
all i did was : soldered the Sure BT board to the left 12v cigarette and Sure board come`s alive (the green light show up) .
i turned on my BT on my oneplus 3 which was connected in a sec to my bmw iDrive then i scan for a new BT and i found the Sure BT ..i connected my oneplus 3 all worked ok but when i play any song ..it doesn`t do anything..i can`t hear the music.
what do i miss??
i want to mention i`ve tried the aux on the Sure BT and same thing..it doesn`t work..
to me looks like i have to connect some lead or what?
i want to mention my bmw have only aux port (between chairs) pro navi with 6x cd changer and mp working
so no usb/aux connection for iphone
thanks guys..
Did you make sure to properly wire your audio ground wires? I didnt wire mine properly the first time and the sound was horrible and sometimes didnt work.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52
Default Still need clarification on installation of the Sure board

Hey guys! I went ahead and got the Sure board, but am still unclear on the connections. I think I get tapping into the cigarette lighter wire---one to VCC and one to GND to power the board. What about the RCA ports? The OP, Insyder had those connected to the car's Aux jack I believe. Is there another way that you guys are doing it in your later posts? A picture of the connections from under the board of your connections might be helpful.

There's not a YouTube of this anywhere, is there? Thanks for any insights on this because I too am squeamish about messing with the car's electronics.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JayArras
Hey guys! I went ahead and got the Sure board, but am still unclear on the connections. I think I get tapping into the cigarette lighter wire---one to VCC and one to GND to power the board. What about the RCA ports? The OP, Insyder had those connected to the car's Aux jack I believe. Is there another way that you guys are doing it in your later posts? A picture of the connections from under the board of your connections might be helpful.

There's not a YouTube of this anywhere, is there? Thanks for any insights on this because I too am squeamish about messing with the car's electronics.
Jay, will go and rip mine out and take a pic or two later today.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:43 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535XI
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I'm getting this

Carly Bluetooth Multimedia / AUX interface for 5- and 6-series BMW Adapter and Retrofits Retrofits
Old 12-31-2016, 06:44 AM
New Members

Here they are the best I could without tearing it apart
Attached Thumbnails Better Bluetooth Streaming-img_6362.jpg  

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming