Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 02:22 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535XI
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I have a center console aux/usb port in my 535xi 08.

Can install oem rear center console aux ?

How will i wire this?
Old 03-26-2016, 02:30 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by Kewill0360
I have a center console aux/usb port in my 535xi 08.

Can install oem rear center console aux ?

How will i wire this?
You should be able to remove that module and inside you should find a similar aux module like in our rear console aux. Get a multimeter and check which channel is left, right and ground.

YOU MUST WIRE GROUND. In that picture above, ground was not wired, if you do not wire ground, the sound quality will be very bad.
When I first tried this, I complained the audio quality was really bad but that was because my ground connection was not good at all.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:42 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by zoppp
You should be able to remove that module and inside you should find a similar aux module like in our rear console aux. Get a multimeter and check which channel is left, right and ground.

YOU MUST WIRE GROUND. In that picture above, ground was not wired, if you do not wire ground, the sound quality will be very bad.
When I first tried this, I complained the audio quality was really bad but that was because my ground connection was not good at all.

So i have to take out the aux part and open it up?
Attached Thumbnails Better Bluetooth Streaming-image.jpeg  
Old 03-26-2016, 02:44 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by Kewill0360
So i have to take out the aux part and open it up?
Correct. You will also have to drill a hole into the top part of that module to allow the RCA cables to come through.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:35 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by zoppp
Correct. You will also have to drill a hole into the top part of that module to allow the RCA cables to come through.
Got it.

Thank you
Old 05-31-2016, 09:49 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 530d M Sport 2008
Default need some help mate..BT music streaming

i have the bmw 530d m sport 2008 with professional sat nav and only the AUX port between the seats but no usb.
my cd player reads mp3 files and tracks from the 6 cd magazine.
aux port works ..but the sound is terrible ..static and some strange noise from time to time anyway..
i want to do your mod but i`m a bit scare and not very confident to do it so i need your guidance please..
i bought the BT board Bluetooth 4.0 receiver high quality stereo audio SURE ELECTRONICS wireless Mp3 i | eBay
what else i need to make it work?
i got he soldering gun https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A27I9PUC3YADPK
i got RCA cables
do i need anything else ??
Thank you for your time..appreciate your help
Old 05-31-2016, 09:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 6MT M-sport 550i

Originally Posted by gabon3zu
i have the bmw 530d m sport 2008 with professional sat nav and only the AUX port between the seats but no usb.
my cd player reads mp3 files and tracks from the 6 cd magazine.
aux port works ..but the sound is terrible ..static and some strange noise from time to time anyway..
i want to do your mod but i`m a bit scare and not very confident to do it so i need your guidance please..
i bought the BT board Bluetooth 4.0 receiver high quality stereo audio SURE ELECTRONICS wireless Mp3 i | eBay
what else i need to make it work?
i got he soldering gun https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A27I9PUC3YADPK
i got RCA cables
do i need anything else ??
Thank you for your time..appreciate your help
Honestly man you should just use the auxiliary input on the board instead of the rca cables. Much easier and little to no risk of messing anything up. I'm using the aux input and sound is great with no static. I had the bad static problem before.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:05 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by as240
Honestly man you should just use the auxiliary input on the board instead of the rca cables. Much easier and little to no risk of messing anything up. I'm using the aux input and sound is great with no static. I had the bad static problem before.
so all i have to do is to connect/solder the BT board and use the aux jack instead of the bluetooth?
sorry if sounds stupid but i`m new to this..
Thank you..
Old 05-31-2016, 10:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 6MT M-sport 550i

Run power and ground to the BT board to the designated terminals to power it. I used the switched 12v source for one of the rear cigarette lighter ports for power. Then take the factory aux plug off the panel so that it is free back there and unaccessible when the panel is reassembled. Connect the BT reciever to the factory aux port using an aux cable. Tuck/secure the BT board and aux cable and any other wiring in the compartment and then pop the panel back into place. Of course connect your phone to the board and test it out before your reassemble everything.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM
New Members

Thank you..that was the plan i was thinking on..i get my parts and get to work..
doing this ..can i still if i want to connect my phone and stream music trough bluetooth?
will this allow me to connect my music from the phone with iDrive?

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming