Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530XI

hey can someone help a brotha out? Im not good with stuff like this. Do I just wire up a ground cable to where it says "GND" and a power cable to where it says "VCC"? And also, is the other port in my photo a power port? can't I just power it via this? thank you!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Hot wire, run from circuit breaker or you can tab onto the Positive cigarette lighter near by, to VCC. And ground wire from any bared metal of the car frame to GND.

The other power port has the same function if you are using the power adapter. But hard wire like above is better

Last edited by quanger; 09-24-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:22 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by quanger
Hot wire, run from circuit breaker or you can tab onto the Positive cigarette lighter near by, to VCC. And ground wire from any bared metal of the car frame to GND.

The other power port has the function if you are using the power adapter. But hard wire like above is better
THANK YOU! Just ordered a "tap-a-fuse" from amazon, hopefully they make good on their one day shipping and i get it tomorrow!

Last edited by youslippin; 09-24-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:21 PM
New Members

My Ride: 04 530i

I know it is a little pricey, but I just got the Bose Bluetooth Receiver. Powered by micro usb and has aptX. Sound quality is great.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:39 PM
New Members

I have to say, THANK YOU!!!!

I just finished installing the sure BT receiver in my 2006 530XI. It sounds AMAZING. Perfect volume, no noise, just great! I tried every single fuse in the glovebox hoping to find a switched source... nope. Had to remove the trim in the passenger footwell side and tap into the 12v outlet there. Again, sounds amazing!

Name:  nmRLgFch.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  114.3 KB

This pic was right before I decided to just wire it up to the 12v outlet under the glovebox... This whole thing was a lot easier than I thought. Got some double sided tape and mounted it where the cd changer would go. with the fuse cover in place you would never know the sure receiver was there

Last edited by youslippin; 09-25-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

someone should package this in an enclosure and make it a kit
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Great Job!!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:18 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 6MT M-sport 550i

Tried this a few weeks ago but definitely did it wrong. I'm not very inclined with raw audio components and such. Where should these wires be soldered to? What about the shielding in the RCA cables, do I do anything with that or just cut it away?
I reverted to using an aux cable but would prefer to have the rca cable method.
Thanks.
Name:  SQWVJJj.jpg
Size:  60.1 KB
Name:  Hra2lU3.jpg
Size:  46.5 KB
Name:  gTAwA8S.jpg
Size:  34.1 KB
Old 01-07-2016, 11:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

The RCA jacks on the SURE module seem to output a line level out signal which is very low in power and gets degraded when going through the capacitors on the aux input board. If you check the board for aux in, you will see two capacitors below the 4 pins that bridge the left and right channels to ground. Seems that it could be a filter or some kind of protection device for the amp? Because of this I think you need to use the headphone jack output from the board to get the best audio quality. The headphone jack on the board outputs a much higher power signal and might work better.

When I tried using just the RCA cables, the sound was horrible, much worse than my old bluetooth usb aux module and way worse than just normal aux. The bass was overly boomy and weak while the highs and mids were nonexistent. It pissed me off so much that I ripped the module out of my car right after installing it and went back to bench testing it where I found out about the difference in power. Going to try again tomorrow with the headphone jack and will see how that goes.

Have any of you tried wiring the module directly to the aux wire, completely bypassing the aux box and board? Wiring it that way will bypass the capacitors and I think should achieve the "aux cable mod" that people were doing to their pre-LCI cars.

Update: Figured out what was wrong, my grounds did not have a good connection. Also removed the two capacitors that went to ground and now my sound quality is fantastic!

Last edited by zoppp; 03-26-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Nav, Adaptive Xenon, Comfort Seats

Originally Posted by as240
Tried this a few weeks ago but definitely did it wrong. I'm not very inclined with raw audio components and such. Where should these wires be soldered to? What about the shielding in the RCA cables, do I do anything with that or just cut it away?
I reverted to using an aux cable but would prefer to have the rca cable method.
Thanks.

Your wiring looks all good, make sure to link up the grounds properly. I wired my RCA the same way I think, but im switching to aux cable because the aux output puts out a much more powerful signal on this board which would be cancelled out by the capacitors on the aux circuit board. Using the RCA cables would result in a very weak signal being sent to the amp due to the filtering that happens on the aux circuit board.

If you have some doubts about the quality of your connection, use a multimeter in continuity mode and check if all your connections are continuous.

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming