Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$&

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have been told by every dealer that the service bulletin that says that cars produced between 03/04 thru 08/04 cannot have bluetooth until the car has the proper TCU put in. This is a LIE I have been coding with NCSExpert for a while now and I dove into the bluetooth coding last night and I am making calls through my car today! So for anyone that has been told "no" I am proof that that is a lie. I am in OHIO and if you would like me to activate your bluetooth PM me.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D 2004

What type of BT do you have ? I have the BT-TCU in my car that has the Bmw Professional phone installed , is it possible to do code this model as well ? Thank you , and sorry for my bad english .
Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - Black

Originally Posted by brendinernst
So I have been told by every dealer that the service bulletin that says that cars produced between 03/04 thru 08/04 cannot have bluetooth until the car has the proper TCU put in. This is a LIE I have been coding with NCSExpert for a while now and I dove into the bluetooth coding last night and I am making calls through my car today! So for anyone that has been told "no" I am proof that that is a lie. I am in OHIO and if you would like me to activate your bluetooth PM me.

Hi I just ordered my new TCU from BimmerNav and I will install it myself but can you help with the programming I need to get done? If so How? Any help you can provide to me will be greatly appreciated. My name is James and I'm I'm Baltimore MD, USA and my direct email is philly350zr@verizon.net. My VIN last seven numbers are: B109225 2004 BMW 545i. Please let me know something so I won't have to use the Dealer !

Thanks in advance again !

James
Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jtmone
Hi I just ordered my new TCU from BimmerNav and I will install it myself but can you help with the programming I need to get done? If so How? Any help you can provide to me will be greatly appreciated. My name is James and I'm I'm Baltimore MD, USA and my direct email is philly350zr@verizon.net. My VIN last seven numbers are: B109225 2004 BMW 545i. Please let me know something so I won't have to use the Dealer !

Thanks in advance again !

James
Hi James, Your car was manufactured in 01/2004 so you definitely took the right step in ordering a TCU for your car. I will be more than happy to help you with the coding that will need to be done with your car but you are first going to need to obtain a USB K+DCAN OBD cable like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-USB-K-DC...a288c2&vxp=mtr. You will then need to download NCSExpert and INPA. Once you have completed this give me a shout and I will walk you through the steps to get your new TCU up and running.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Maxxone
What type of BT do you have ? I have the BT-TCU in my car that has the Bmw Professional phone installed , is it possible to do code this model as well ? Thank you , and sorry for my bad english .
It is possible to use your mobile phone over bluetooth but you will have to deactivate your BMW Professional Phone. You can only have one or the other.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi

The parameter's that you change , what are they ? it would be a great information to know , or is that a National secret ?

Regards
BenAnd/Denmark
Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BenAnd
Hi

The parameter's that you change , what are they ? it would be a great information to know , or is that a National secret ?

Regards
BenAnd/Denmark

The following changes will ne to be made in the TCU and MASK

---TCU---

BLUETOOTH
aktiv
PORTABLE_BT
aktiv

---MASK---

PHONE_MULF
aktiv
PHONE_BUSINESS
aktiv
PHONE_PROF
aktiv
BLUETOOTH_NODES_MASK
profil_2

I also noticed you are in Denmark so you may need to change the following in the MASK as well:

ECE_TELEFON
aktiv

This is for European phones.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

The following changes will ne to be made in the TCU and MASK

---TCU---

BLUETOOTH
aktiv
PORTABLE_BT
aktiv

---MASK---

PHONE_MULF
aktiv
PHONE_BUSINESS
aktiv
PHONE_PROF
aktiv
BLUETOOTH_NODES_MASK
profil_2

I also noticed you are in Denmark so you may need to change the following in the MASK as well:

ECE_TELEFON
aktiv

This is for European phones.

Hi brendinernst

Thanks a lot , super with information's like that

Kind Regards
BenAnd/Denmark
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

hey man I'm about to do the retrofit myself I'm kinda a ncs beginner I can get things done but i kinda gotta follow directions to do it, lol with that said I found these instructions online

You will need to add the correct FA to the VO first.

Read out the trace from the TCU module and set :-

BT_ENABLE aktive

USED_MICROPHONES wert_01 (1 microphone) or wert_02 (2 microphones)

Read the trace for CAPPL (ccc_app) and set:-

BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profile_1 or profile_1 (not sure on this one, mines profile_2)

TELEFON_TYPE_C08 lots of options on this one (mines set to ece_phone for european mobiles)

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

Read the trace for CCC_ASK (ccc-audio) and set:-

I want to know in comparison to your instructions how does this differ and what will work better for me I have CCC not m-ask and my car is an 04 im just upgrading to a bluetooth tcu
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
hey man I'm about to do the retrofit myself I'm kinda a ncs beginner I can get things done but i kinda gotta follow directions to do it, lol with that said I found these instructions online

You will need to add the correct FA to the VO first.

Read out the trace from the TCU module and set :-

BT_ENABLE aktive

USED_MICROPHONES wert_01 (1 microphone) or wert_02 (2 microphones)

Read the trace for CAPPL (ccc_app) and set:-

BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profile_1 or profile_1 (not sure on this one, mines profile_2)

TELEFON_TYPE_C08 lots of options on this one (mines set to ece_phone for european mobiles)

Read the trace for CCC_ASK (ccc-audio) and set:-

I want to know in comparison to your instructions how does this differ and what will work better for me I have CCC not m-ask and my car is an 04 im just upgrading to a bluetooth tcu
Those instructions are for cars with CCC (Navigation) the instructions I gave above were for cars with M-ASK (No Navigation) You can go the Vehicle Order route by I found that changing the settings individually in the M-ASK and TCU was a lot less frustrating and most importantly it works. The instructions you posted are correct hand have worked for people with CCC. One thing I would like to point out is that BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC should always be set to profile_2 from what I have gathered.

Quick Reply: 03/04 to 08/04 BLUETOOTH CAN BE DONE WITH CODING! NO $$&