Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

RE: 29% off DPE Wheels from Trinity Autosport

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Thank you everyone for vouching for me.

Darwin,

Thank you for clarifying everything. As for the DPE warranty and price...my vendor will honor it. Again thank you.

Originally Posted by D@CarLAB' post='600186' date='Jun 10 2008, 08:46 PM
Before we start a war thread here, Let me try to clarify things out here.

We got a call from one of our customer that purchased a DPE wheels through our group buy, He was upset because the price on the group buy was slightly higher than what Trinity Motorsports offer.

So we called Manu@DPE to verify the validity of the group buy that offered by Trinity. He said that "they are not an authorized dealer for DPE and He will not approved or honor that pricing", Including warranty issue.

With that being said, Al post on the forum the information so other people aware of the situation. It may came out wrong but Al sole intention is to inform member on this board the situation. We have no intention to hurt or steal away customer from Trinity. He's trying to look out for fellow member.

There's a lot of fishy thing happening in e60 lately. Vendor offer great prices but they don't deliver especially on the mtech group buy forum. I myself have to help 4 members here that buy the mtech from the group buy.

I totally understand the frustation and anger from member that knows or do business with Joe. If Al offend you in anyway, I apologize on behalf AL and Sonic.

I will refund the money that the customer put down for the deposit and have him bought the wheels from Trininty. I just feel bad for the customer because I can't offer him the same price and he has been a loyal customer to us for a long time.

This is what i found funny but true !!

The ways of being a ?successful? customer

Our market is one of the only ones where the customer AUTOMATICALLY assumes the price is negotiable and as a result doesn?t see the bigger picture. Here?s a few tips that will help us help you better:

1. Don?t be an asshole: Treat others as you want to be treated. If you call me and act like an ass and give me attitude, I have even less reason to give you good pricing or preferential treatment. Don?t be a brown noser either, cause I can see right through that. And don?t take your bad day out on the salesman, cause that?s just being selfish.

2. People make mistakes: Sometimes there will be mistakes made, and regardless of who?s fault it is, attempt to be understanding about it. If you are understanding, the seller will try to FIND a solution, rather than waste time fighting it out with you.

3. Be patient: Special orders take time, shipping takes time, deliveries take time, picking up parts takes time, so be understanding rather than upset at every little thing that isn?t going your way.

4. Don?t ask me for sponsorships: This isn?t a handout contest. Earn your way to the top with your OWN hard work, money, and elbow grease. Then get OFFERED sponsorships or help with your project, rather than beginning with nothing to show for it. You gotta EARN respect, you can?t expect it from the get go. And don?t get braggadocious about it?if you need to brag to me about why you should have sponsors, then maybe that?s why you don?t have any.

5. Asking about price matching: A lot of shops offer ?price matching? and as a result customers try to use this as leverage while hitting other shops up for price quotes. There is a way to be tactful about it, and immediately telling me ?wow that?s expensive I can get it at ABC Motors for $XXX? is not a good way to go about it (see #1). If you can get a cheaper price than what I can do, then by all means do it, but don?t cry to me when the shop doesn?t come through on their end. Clich? alert! If its too good to be true then?yeah.

6. Don?t be a lowballer: If you ask me ?can you go any lower? when I?ve already given you a price break, that just becomes irritating (yet again, see #1). I am more than willing to hook it up on price, but goddamn this isn?t a haggle contest. You don?t go into the supermarket and ask for half off on the creamed corn, do you?

7. Don?t believe everything you read: The internet has a wealth of good information. The internet also has a wealth of CRAP ASS information. Use your brain and choose wisely, and learn from real life experience.

8. Be loyal: A lot of my customers buy from me time and time again, and this is probably one of the best feelings to see a returning customer. They might not always get the lowest price, and might have been able to save a couple bucks going elsewhere, but the fact that they come back and shop with me makes me even more willing to help them out the next time around.

9. Running my stickers won?t change a damn thing: Running a shop?s sticker shouldn?t be some kind of exchange for discount. You should run it because you WANT TO SUPPORT THE SHOP.

10. Buy QUALITY products: Demand the best! Do it right the first time! So many mottos run through my head, but it?s so true. You wonder why the current market is being bombarded with low-priced shitty quality controlled crap? If you don?t buy quality products (as featured by OG Made), then you?ll be left without any good choices, and all the great Japanese companies who have come to the USA will have to pack up and take it home.

11. BUSINESSES NEED TO MAKE MONEY TO OPERATE: Gasp! Are you serious!? You need profit to operate a business? YOU SHARKS! LOL. Let?s get real folks?if you want GOOD shops to stay around, then you need to support them, so stop trying to squeeze every penny out of us to YOUR benefit. Paying cash doesn?t mean no sales tax! Shipping to a business address doesn?t magically cut freight cost in half! Good service costs money too. You gotta eat, and so do we!!!

"The ways of being a successful customer" is quoted from http://og-made.com/archives/1376 by Logan at A-Spec Products.

Lets move on..

Best Regards

Darwin
Old 06-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by r1racer' post='600209' date='Jun 11 2008, 12:14 AM
Thank you everyone for vouching for me.

Darwin,

Thank you for clarifying everything. As for the DPE warranty and price...my vendor will honor it. Again thank you.
Not a problem at all. We are both here to provide good service and competitive pricing to members on this forum.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

glad all this got cleared up, and just to let people know Trinity Autosport can also honor the DPE warranty through their vendor
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by D@CarLAB' post='600210
glad all this got cleared up, and just to let people know Trinity Autosport can also honor the DPE warranty through their vendor
Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Thank you Darwin.

Thank you Steven and everyone for the support. We really appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Contributors

wow.....i go to watch the Laker game, then come back to all this!

it's all about customer service and being straight up to your customers.......that's what it comes down to.

glad this whole thing gone resolved!

does DPE's make 21's?

GO LAKERS!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='600266' date='Jun 10 2008, 10:50 PM
does DPE's make 21's?

GO LAKERS!!
yes

edit: sorry po i misread. the sizes go from 20s to 22s. i can get 21s though but different brand.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Hey Darwin,

Glad everything is cool. Next time... just post PM for pricing when selling wheels to avoid problems.

btw... are you coming down soon... we need to get some dinner again!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Waaay late, but yet another to vouch for Joe. Upstanding gentleman and great businessman (thanks again for allowing me to come to your HOME to pickup my CAI! Additional scooby snack for installing it for me!). May I make a suggestion to ALL vendors out there? Rather then place an accusatory post challenging the integrity of another vendor, why not ask the vendor how his pricing schema works? As a consumer, I appreciate those that lookout for our best interest (thanks Al) - and I recognize this thread was an attempt at doing so. However, in this case the vendor is able to secure an increadible price - no shenanigans - that could have been verified by contacting the vendor himself (thus negating the need for this). In a less wordy nutshell, we all make mistakes. Lets be sure to learn from them moving forward by using our private communication tools first.

~Al (or Al ver. 2 here lol)
Old 06-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Well said Darwin.

I'm glad things are all cleared up.

Quick Reply: RE: 29% off DPE Wheels from Trinity Autosport