Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

Illuminated M Shifter Retrofit Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Schulrog,
Thanks for the prompt feedback. I also like the baseplate look. Can you verify if it will fit a 2007 525i? My E60 does not have the sport button however if you fabricated one for the cavity I could put it to good use with some re-wiring for activation of my Sprintbooster V2. Alternatively if the cavity accommodated the OEM BMW button, getting one from the dealership may not be that difficult.

Let us know pricing and availability. You can count me in for this setup.
oh it'll fit the OEM sport button which is what i will have in there.. i won't leave it empty so it'll come with the button
Good morning Schulrog,
Any update for us on this project? We are still asking about fitment of the baseplate for a pre-LCI shifter panel? If its not an option at this time, I may still go with just the DCT shifter mod until the baseplate becomes available. BDW, your commitment to include the sport button is perfect for my application.

Let us know. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

waiting for all the parts to come in to finalize some testing with the fitment of everything.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Contributors

here's to all the Sport option E60's... i got the new sport button that will fit the new baseplates and to my amazement it was complete different wiring with an 8pin plug instead of the normal 4pin. so took er all appart and did some testing and tada got it to work 100%. illumination of the sport button works and the actual sport button is now retrofitted and functional like it should!

now i just have to get one more bug out of the way with the shifter and we're set.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

What do you mean by sport option? I have a pre-lci model and we don't have any sport settings. I thought the sport button was gonna be non functional?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Contributors

no E60 pre-lci was built with the sport option? if the car has a sport button it will work on the new baseplate. if you don't have the sport package then of course you don't have the button and it'll light up but won't be functional.

The E63/64 uses the same sport button on the new baseplate... at lest those folks will be able to use that option then
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by schulrog
no E60 pre-lci was built with the sport option? if the car has a sport button it will work on the new baseplate. if you don't have the sport package then of course you don't have the button and it'll light up but won't be functional.

The E63/64 uses the same sport button on the new baseplate... at lest those folks will be able to use that option then
The pre lci was not build with the sport button.

Let me when it ready for sale, i already have the lci center trim.My paypal account is waiting for you
Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Contributors

i have seen pre LCI's with the sport option... granted it was for a RHD but non the less the E60 and E63 electronically are virtually the same...
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Contributors

GUYS it's done even sport mode works now without the baseplate. The illuminated LCI shifter is now therefore 100% functional with the LCI baseplate for perfect fitment!!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by schulrog
GUYS it's done even sport mode works now without the baseplate. The illuminated LCI shifter is now therefore 100% functional with the LCI baseplate for perfect fitment!!
Awesome.I just post it on the e90post Im ready to buy my friend
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Contributors

hey nelson.. could you post a pic of your center trim piece please?

Quick Reply: Illuminated M Shifter Retrofit Kit