Archived Sales A read only forum of all past vendor sales.

Illuminated M Shifter Retrofit Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I'm a pre-LCI owner and I think this shifter is a really nice touch especially since my existing shifter is starting to show wear. Like NC916, the "M" insignia is a bit of a deal-breaker for me too as my car is not an M series by any means. If there was sufficient interest, is there any chance of removing the "M" logo? If not, would it be possible for an end-user to do this ourselves if we were able to take the assembly apart and carefully "mask" the area?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
I'm a pre-LCI owner and I think this shifter is a really nice touch especially since my existing shifter is starting to show wear. Like NC916, the "M" insignia is a bit of a deal-breaker for me too as my car is not an M series by any means. If there was sufficient interest, is there any chance of removing the "M" logo? If not, would it be possible for an end-user to do this ourselves if we were able to take the assembly apart and carefully "mask" the area?
+1

would love to find out more on removing that "M" logo before proceeding

RCT
Old 06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Not sure why you want to do that. So if you have the 166, 167 or M series rims, you would remove the "M" logo from the rims too. ????
Old 06-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Not sure why you want to do that. So if you have the 166, 167 or M series rims, you would remove the "M" logo from the rims too. ????
I see your point but it really just boils down to a matter of personal preference.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Contributors

+1 it's a personal preference.. there are aftermarket knobs that have CF on them without the M logo I belive but they cost a TON.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Members

Will these mod void BMW warranty?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWOZONE
Will these mod void BMW warranty?
Technically, any mods that you do to the car that are not the factory/OEM standard can potentially void the BMW warranty. Some dealers use that as an excuse to not do certain repairs (depending on the actual issue) under warranty. In this case, if you've done this mod and later on having problems with the transmission or anything related, you should put the original shifter back before going in for service.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by theXman
Personal preference...knowing that I have no performance upgrade yet I use the "M" logo gives me the "pretender" feeling. As for rims, I have a different view. I can substitute rims because of it's size and style and not be concerning with trying to pretend my car is something that is not. After all there is a reason why people who bought the M5 kit does not put the M5 logo on their cars.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Personal preference...knowing that I have no performance upgrade yet I use the "M" logo gives me the "pretender" feeling. As for rims, I have a different view. I can substitute rims because of it's size and style and not be concerning with trying to pretend my car is something that is not. After all there is a reason why people who bought the M5 kit does not put the M5 logo on their cars.
Agreed. It's a personal thing. Many accessories come with the "M" logo, and as long as you don't put the "M" logo on your own (like the back of your car), that should be fine and no one would think you are a poser.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Contributors

+1

Quick Reply: Illuminated M Shifter Retrofit Kit