6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

The new beast

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Originally Posted by pjinca
Those wheels look good, but a little too small on the 6er. Congrats on the new beast, you're going to enjoy it
Yeah, I kind of feel the same way on the wheels.....but if I put the m6 tires on there it won't look as bad as the above pic with the e60 tires. I may take one rear and one front M310 wheel and have the front/ back m6 tires mounted on and see how it looks. If it looks good, I'll take the other 2 and get mounted up. It'll need a drop regardless. Worse case I sell the AG set-up and get some 20's
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Members

Very nice!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
Yeah, I kind of feel the same way on the wheels.....but if I put the m6 tires on there it won't look as bad as the above pic with the e60 tires. I may take one rear and one front M310 wheel and have the front/ back m6 tires mounted on and see how it looks. If it looks good, I'll take the other 2 and get mounted up. It'll need a drop regardless. Worse case I sell the AG set-up and get some 20's

I think these wheels are perfect for the car...with the right tires and wheel spacers youre good to go.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Contributors

congrats, looks great, enjoy the ride....good luck
Old 02-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Contributors

The M6 is BOSS.

So what other mods do you have planned?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
The M6 is BOSS.

So what other mods do you have planned?
I removed the carbon filters the other day. Windows getting tinted in a couple of days. Black grilles will be next. Still deciding if I want to make the wheel swap with M6 tires. These will quickly be the first mods. A little further out will be lowering, exhaust and intake, and RPI scoops. Not sure from there
Old 02-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
I removed the carbon filters the other day. Windows getting tinted in a couple of days. Black grilles will be next. Still deciding if I want to make the wheel swap with M6 tires. These will quickly be the first mods. A little further out will be lowering, exhaust and intake, and RPI scoops. Not sure from there
I know you just bought the wheels, but I think you will eventually realize they are too small for the M6. The dark color doesn't help either since that gives the illusion of them being smaller. I think you may be better of selling the wheels and tires to a 5 series owner since they have the proper sizes and move onto something else. The other thing to consider is that in order to close the wheel gap, you'll have to lower the car a bit more than you would on a 20" set of wheels, which may or may not affect the overall driveability of the car.

Besides that, enjoy the car relatively unmodded and I'm sure the mod bug will be stronger once summer nears.

Thanks for sharing the new acquisition and I can't wait to see the transformation.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

Finally got my windows tinted today. I've only had the car a little over a week, but after having tinted windows for years, it made it seem much longer than a week that I didn't have it.

I went with the same brand and % I had on my 550, which is Formula One, the series is Pinnacle Ceramic, and it is 15% all around except the windshield.

Here are some pics......

Old 02-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I know you just bought the wheels, but I think you will eventually realize they are too small for the M6. The dark color doesn't help either since that gives the illusion of them being smaller. I think you may be better of selling the wheels and tires to a 5 series owner since they have the proper sizes and move onto something else. The other thing to consider is that in order to close the wheel gap, you'll have to lower the car a bit more than you would on a 20" set of wheels, which may or may not affect the overall driveability of the car.

Besides that, enjoy the car relatively unmodded and I'm sure the mod bug will be stronger once summer nears.

Thanks for sharing the new acquisition and I can't wait to see the transformation.
Here is one on 19's with the factory tire sizes, sitting on H&R lowering springs. Looks good to me...even with the lipped wheels.....

Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Car looks awesome. big fan of the Black Sapphire ,....

go with a non black 20 inch wheel .... the car will be in stealth mode .....

Quick Reply: The new beast